@RebeccaBoyd and @rural mouse You are both good at identifying pullets versus cockerels...I know it is a bit early, but who is what?
IMG_3279[1].JPG
IMG_3285[1].JPG

IMG_3299[1].JPG

This one is clearly part CM (?maybe part BR, but CM is much more likely!) This one will have a straight comb.

IMG_3286[1].JPG
IMG_3280[1].JPG
IMG_3293[1].JPG

I know the first pic. of this one looks like a cockerel stance - but it was trying to catch a bug. I haven't seen any of them have that stance yet - but with work I don't get to observe them as much as I would like. I think this one will have a pea comb.

IMG_3291[1].JPG
IMG_3290[1].JPG

IMG_3294[1].JPG

This one I think will have a pea comb, also. Clearly part EE with those puffy cheeks.

IMG_3297[1].JPG

Hey, mom...I no longer fit, and can't fly over this fence yet. Waaaaiiiiit, come back!

And, not least, but my 5th. Also part CM (or BR). Much smaller head spot, single comb.
IMG_3301[1].JPG
IMG_3303[1].JPG

I'm thinking those feet look awful big.

I am thinking 2 or 3 roos, but not sure. I figure I will have a better shot at guessing in another week. They are about 2.5 weeks old now. (I think....things have been so crazy lately, that I can't keep track of time at all!)

Thirsty Thursday.
View attachment 3526320
Empress Josephine has designated me her food sampler. I know there is something else to that job....
I should mention that is coffee and vanilla ice cream mixed togheter. My sister does that all the time. Really good.
She looks lovely - and like she is enjoying her Royal Treat. I'm hoping it is decaf coffee, though!

I am glad you posted both pictures. I was afraid they weren't getting an even tan, but nope, they know to turn over so they don't end up two-toned! :lau :lau

:love:love:love:love Nothing like watching a chicken sunbathe or dust bathe! (once you get over your first time shock of: OMG is my chicken dying? (or having a seizure, in the case of dust bathing!) Such a 'chillaxing' (thanks for my new word, @Ponypoor) thing to see. You can't help but feel more peaceful if you watch them for a few minutes.
Hahahahaha, good observation except that there are at least 3 chickens involved in these two pics.

Tina at top
Meimei bottom
20230524_114931.jpg

Tina top again (although the feathers seem different from first picture, but it has to be Tina based on comb and coloring)
Foxy at bottom.
20230524_112952.jpg

Speaking of Tina, she has taken 4 days of antibiotics. I don't know if she is getting better... it is no worse...

Hahahahaha, good observation except that there are at least 3 chickens involved in these two pics.

Tina at top
Meimei bottom
View attachment 3526340

Tina top again (although the feathers seem different from first picture, but it has to be Tina based on comb and coloring)
Foxy at bottom.
View attachment 3526341

Speaking of Tina, she has taken 4 days of antibiotics. I don't know if she is getting better... it is no worse...
Want to give both hug and heart for this.

Yes, I can see that Foxy is lighter colored than Meimei, now that you point it out, on the wings and the tail...but seems to have a darker head/hackles - though that might be the angle/lighting.

I do hope Tina starts to improve - especially with you leaving in a few days. It would be nice to know she is doing okay before you go. I am not sure how long the course of antibiotics is, will you have a couple of days after they are done to maybe give her some fermented feed and/or yogurt? Repopulate the gut (well, not 'gut' with chickens - but you get my drift, I hope) a bit after the anti-biotics? I probably worry about that aspect too much, as I know antibiotics throw my digestive track for a loop. Some it doesn't seem to bother them as much - so I am probably, again, worry too much about that. Sending you hugs :hugsand well wishes for Tina:fl!

@RebeccaBoyd and @rural mouse You are both good at identifying pullets versus cockerels...I know it is a bit early, but who is what?
View attachment 3526318View attachment 3526319
View attachment 3526321
This one is clearly part CM (?maybe part BR, but CM is much more likely!) This one will have a straight comb.

View attachment 3526323View attachment 3526324View attachment 3526325
I know the first pic. of this one looks like a cockerel stance - but it was trying to catch a bug. I haven't seen any of them have that stance yet - but with work I don't get to observe them as much as I would like. I think this one will have a pea comb.

View attachment 3526328View attachment 3526330
View attachment 3526332
This one I think will have a pea comb, also. Clearly part EE with those puffy cheeks.

View attachment 3526335
Hey, mom...I no longer fit, and can't fly over this fence yet. Waaaaiiiiit, come back!

And, not least, but my 5th. Also part CM (or BR). Much smaller head spot, single comb.
View attachment 3526337View attachment 3526339
I'm thinking those feet look awful big.

I am thinking 2 or 3 roos, but not sure. I figure I will have a better shot at guessing in another week. They are about 2.5 weeks old now. (I think....things have been so crazy lately, that I can't keep track of time at all!)
That 1st one has an awfully large head spot. Are both with head spots full barred/cuckoo or just half? At only 2.5 weeks, I'm terrible unless I'm watching them move. Video of them running around would help, but a 20 min video is an awful lot to post. Are these the babies your white rock hatched?

Back
Top Bottom