Hi everyone. Hope you’re doing well. Here’s a video for @RoyalChick and any other Little Mill fans out there. I took it on Tuesday after work.

20230530_132535.jpg

Abigail says hi.

By next week, they'll be big enough that 1 won't fit in my small hand, let alone 2! BTW, the dark one is Zulu. And having them settle into my hand to nap is a wonderful thing.
So, now you need an Alpha and a Charlie (Alpha, Zulu, Charlie) I heard that on a movie once, when they were talking over a radio with commands...that is ALL I remember, though.:rolleyes:

Hi everyone. Hope you’re doing well. Here’s a video for @RoyalChick and any other Little Mill fans out there. I took it on Tuesday after work.

Thank you for that @micstrachan - so nice to see Little Mill - and I am very glad she gets a sun lounger (the color makes a good background for her magnificent feathers).

I just meant that you can have fast internet without smartphones.
View attachment 3526417
I knew that. I have plenty of experience with computers and internet connections (which, to be blunt, means that I have been annoyed by either slow laptops, slow internet, or disobedient computers just like my chooks).
20230602_082222.jpg
20230602_082211.jpg

I believe that both of these are 1/2 cuckoo, but honestly, I do not know for sure. I have been straight out, and really didn't want her broody for a full week before putting eggs under her, so just grabbed some random eggs that were decent (i.e. not too small - pullet eggs, nor odd shaped nor funky shell, (calcium globs) nor dirty). I had already collected the eggs, and they were all in a basket, so not even sure where they came from (which coop), so they could be just about any mix. The ones with puffy cheeks obviously have at least part EE (either 1/2, or 1/4 from my last year's mutts) But they could also be form my route 66 coop, and be 100% EE??:idunno While it is too early to be absolutely sure, both oft he barred ones look like they are part CM. That said, some of my mixes that were 1/2 BR and 1/2 DC or EE have has the more uneven barring like a CM. I won't be able to tell until they get a full set of feathers. I know a straight X pea comb should be a pea comb, but that isn't always what I have gotten...so I can't even rely on that 100%.

I don't have ANY social media accounts other than this and Pinterest, so I have no place to upload a video to, to then download it here. That's why I only post pictures. I hate the idea of 'Internet big brother' spying on me. It is bad enough that whenever I buy something online I start getting ads for related things! When I searched for Shade tarps to get links for @Ponypoor , I have since gotten non-stop ads for all sorts of tarps! (including ones for hauling/transporting Bees!!)

Thank you for putting the effort in for that reply. ❤️ I should not worry/try to figure it out before it is time. It/they will reveal themselves to me in good time! Unlike others, while I would prefer pullets as I have enough roosters right now, it isn't a travesty if they are all roosters.

Edited to add: yes, they are my White Rock's chicks.
If you have a Google account you can easily make a YouTube channel. From there it is easy and simple to upload to BYC.

We have a name.View attachment 3526506This is Zulu. The invasion is happening. 1st chick to figure out how to get out. Last night all were under "mama". This morning, let the adults out and opened lid on babies. 5 on top of mama. No more to be found, until Zulu came out from behind the tote next to my toes. 1 more gets out and their ground door will be opened.
You may as well just integrate them - that is what I did with the school chicks, I tried for a slow orderly transition but they all escaped on me and 'made for the hills' outside with the Grups - and that was that.

I love her colour - can't wait to see what her feathers are like when they come in :)

The Marans cross do have feathered legs. Lily more than Kara, but they both do. It's not something I'm too happy about - half of my chickens with feathered legs tend to pull them off and make them bleed during spring and fall. Harcos don't have them so I was hoping they wouldn't.

Not sure if anyone can help guessing their age ? I was told six months but I feel they are younger. They still talk and play and giggle like pullets.
View attachment 3526498

Lily was truly a gorgeous hen 💚.
Please do ask any questions you have, I'll be glad to answer and I know how interested you are in Leghorns !
So, I would say they are almost the size of my smallest ex-batt Blanche, however they are built very differently. They seem longer + higher and less large, if this makes sense. They have a very small and narrow butt compared to their size !
Here are two pictures, the first next to Blanche, my smallest Ex-batt, and the second next to Nougat who is the biggest.
View attachment 3526507
View attachment 3526508
I felt bad as I know we haven't made a wise move getting adult chickens from a local breeder, who turned out to be not trust worthy, while we have sick chickens in our flock. But now I've acknowledged our mistakes I'll do what I can and hope for the best.
I love those jaunty tails on the Leghorns.

As for illness in your flock - you are doing an excellent job and that is all any of us can do - your chickens have it made as far as I am concerned and they are lucky to be with you!

I love the one of the 3 teens all lined up looking at it! ❤️ That was my favorite part of the video, too, watching their curiosity, but sticking together!

You should submit that for the caption contest! I like it for POW, too, but not sure if it is the kind they want????
I posted it on POW - I am sure they will put it up on the Caption site if they want - but yes I wonder if it isn't what they really want - but it was so 'chickeny' if you know what I mean - they are always looking for things to eat and curious about everything.

Back
Top Bottom