Ohhh I got that all wrong :( well darn. I am sorry, I do remember reading that back when you first got them.
How is it if you want Roos you seem to get none but if you want no Roos you end up with a bunch?
It’s called Fates laughing at you.

But isn’t it funny that when you say, oh I will never win the lottery they just don’t seem to be listening and thus you really don’t win the lottery! Haha!

I am not home but the town just sent out an air quality warning for us because of the fires in Canada.
This is a picture a friend took from just by my barn - the sun is clouded with smoke.
He says it smells of smoke but it isn’t hard to breathe. I checked the coop cams and the chickens don’t seem to be in distress
:fl

Air quality very bad through Wednesday here in southwest central New York, the Canada fire smoke is here now. Should be able to see the distant hill clear as day!
View attachment 3531397
View attachment 3531403
Yes same here, just smoky all day past few days, makes for awesome sunrise and sunsets.

Smoke tax

The school chicks want to roost like the grups 😊
5E5AFE92-179B-4844-B7D2-9015EF5615F9.jpeg

There was about 50 to choose from. I think I annoyed the employee. I had specific requirements. I wanted the smaller chicks so they would be similar in size to the ones Raven currently has. There was some older chicks mixed in. I wanted to look at each ones beak to make sure I did not buy a cross beak and look at their butts as well. Really, it would have been easier if he had just let me catch them myself. I really annoyed him with the barred rocks. First 3 chicks he picked up had huge head spots and I was like nope, that is a boy. We argued back and forth that they were sexed pullets no males in the bin. In the end I got the 2 I wanted with the smallest head spot. These rocks are imposters. Grandma wanted Dominique's, I cannot find them in a 200 mile radius. So no I change my mind, they are not fake rocks they are fake dommers. I showed her pictures of what they should look like as adults and she is very satisfied. I cannot tell you how happy I was to hear the store had speckled sussex. Before I got the Marans, speckled sussex were on my short list but no one carried them. I am sad tractor supply were sold out of chicks, I sort of wanted bielfielders. They were supposed to get another shipment in Thursday. They will have to come another time. If I had waited 1 more day I do not Raven would have accepted these.
You're the customer. I think I drove them nuts when I picked Hector as I wanted a roo in a straight run so sat and watched for a while. Picking out that exact baby in a lot of about 30 black chicks is challenging.

Just had the in-laws stop to visit. MIL and I went out to the coops so she could see my babies. Hector came out and I pointed him out as the father of her black featherfoot. That little baby is going to be a BIG chicken. Her order of meat bird chicks arrived later the same week. The freebie looks like a buff Brahma. She's going to have a pair of LARGE featherfooted beauties. She's delighted.

Back
Top Bottom