Look who is feeling a little bit better. She’s been drinking and eating some. Not much, but it’s a start. And tonight she’s going to stay in the coop, if she can get up to her perch. I’m still not so optimistic about her being well. Her sister Beetov-Hen did the same exact thing. Seems to get better, then found her dead on the coop floor.
Let’s hope Hen-Rietta can beat the odds and stay alive with me for another year!:fl
I’d settle for a few more months or weeks even!
Here she is, going to the coop: IMG_3213.jpeg IMG_3212.jpeg

I would leave it, Brownie will let you know when she has had enough ❤️

They will follow her eventually. Watching the peer out from under mama while tucked under her wings/between her feet is fun. Don't take the tote until they've gone up several consecutive nights.
Message received: Continue to stay outta Brownies way 😂 Thank you 😊

Contrary to popular belief, Abigail the Broody, also known as Little Miss Broody around here, is NOT out for blood. I can reach under her and pet her without any harm.
If Felicitas went broody, though, she would probably take a chunk out of your hand. She almost did that to me while laying an egg.
Same with Tomatilla. All she will do is inflate like a balloon and give an earsplitting screech. But no pecks. She pecks only young pullets, which Dawn laid an egg today so she is no longer a young pullet (aka lady-in-waiting)

Same with Tomatilla. All she will do is inflate like a balloon and give an earsplitting screech. But no pecks. She pecks only young pullets, which Dawn laid an egg today so she is no longer a young pullet (aka lady-in-waiting)
Abigail only gives a very soft and low warning screech and puts her hackles up. She does not care for puffing her whole body. She makes a louder noise when it is a chicken going up but barely a sound when it is me. I think she knows I will not kick her out or bug her too much.
The Cream Legbars let out such a loud screech. Felicitas will go to the extent of pecking my hand if it dares to go near her.

Back
Top Bottom