Look who is feeling a little bit better. She’s been drinking and eating some. Not much, but it’s a start. And tonight she’s going to stay in the coop, if she can get up to her perch. I’m still not so optimistic about her being well. Her sister Beetov-Hen did the same exact thing. Seems to get better, then found her dead on the coop floor.
Let’s hope Hen-Rietta can beat the odds and stay alive with me for another year!:fl
I’d settle for a few more months or weeks even!
Here she is, going to the coop: IMG_3213.jpeg IMG_3212.jpeg

I would leave it, Brownie will let you know when she has had enough ❤️

They will follow her eventually. Watching the peer out from under mama while tucked under her wings/between her feet is fun. Don't take the tote until they've gone up several consecutive nights.
Message received: Continue to stay outta Brownies way 😂 Thank you 😊

Contrary to popular belief, Abigail the Broody, also known as Little Miss Broody around here, is NOT out for blood. I can reach under her and pet her without any harm.
If Felicitas went broody, though, she would probably take a chunk out of your hand. She almost did that to me while laying an egg.

Contrary to popular belief, Abigail the Broody, also known as Little Miss Broody around here, is NOT out for blood. I can reach under her and pet her without any harm.
If Felicitas went broody, though, she would probably take a chunk out of your hand. She almost did that to me while laying an egg.
Same with Tomatilla. All she will do is inflate like a balloon and give an earsplitting screech. But no pecks. She pecks only young pullets, which Dawn laid an egg today so she is no longer a young pullet (aka lady-in-waiting)

Same with Tomatilla. All she will do is inflate like a balloon and give an earsplitting screech. But no pecks. She pecks only young pullets, which Dawn laid an egg today so she is no longer a young pullet (aka lady-in-waiting)
Abigail only gives a very soft and low warning screech and puts her hackles up. She does not care for puffing her whole body. She makes a louder noise when it is a chicken going up but barely a sound when it is me. I think she knows I will not kick her out or bug her too much.
The Cream Legbars let out such a loud screech. Felicitas will go to the extent of pecking my hand if it dares to go near her.

Back
Top Bottom