I'm sorry you are so unwell. :(

If you have a dollar tree near you, they usually have a bird skeleton (I think it is supposed to be a raven, but it works! Not huge - but close to a small chicken size skeleton!

Your littles are getting big!
The things I get to learn in this thread!

She was two and a half. Her Hatch-Day was June 29ish of 2021

She’s had her broken toe for a while. Even when she was alive and better I don’t think that it was bothering her.

I’ve killed chickens. I’ve had no problem killing meat birds. Just chickens have thicker necks. It’s weird to say this, but I don’t think that I could ever chop off a guineas head. They’re skinny little necks.. it would just be so weird. Luckily and unluckily, she put an end to herself.

And I do try on math! I can just never figure it out! What’s the point of letters in math!? How will I use that in veterinary medicine?! And I’ve never had such low grades before. I’ve only ever had a C or F for a day. But I’ve had these for a few weeks.
Oh, math is everywhere and informs, either directly or indirectly, every part of our life!.

Think of letters as substitutions. Do you play any sports? It is common for one player to 'sub in' for another. Sometimes it is to give a player a break (from running up and down the field/court constantly) sometimes it is because they need someone with a particular skill at the moment. Letters in math allow you to work with out having a set value - it is how we use the math to figure out what the number SHOULD be given the situation. So, a letter is like stating a position, without stating the player's name (like center for Basketball, or Goalie for hockey or soccer)

Think about this - you are shopping and want to know what your bill will be - you don't know the answer until AFTER you calculate it. With Algebra, you can input a bunch of data and find the best answer (think of a business - input the hourly rate of an employee, the hourly cost to run equipment, and the hourly cost of materials...and the hourly output of equipment and personnel. That helps them determine the selling price of the item they are producing.

Numbers tax:
IMG_3779[1].JPG

My molting Roo - counting his ladies to make sure that they are all there!

Last edited:
I knew a Hendrix!

Jimi Hendrix was a genetics experiment too!

:tongue :oops:
?Are you sure it was the genetics that was the experiment in that case?????

My Journeymen tree sitters are a 'genetic experiment' (i.e. all 'mutts'):D
IMG_3817[1].JPG

1BRx ?, 1 Cuckoo marans X EE, 2 Cuckoo Marans X WR, and one ?who knows? Given what group the eggs came from, I am perplexed as to who the parents are for that reddish hen!

?Are you sure it was the genetics that was the experiment in that case?????

My Journeymen tree sitters are a 'genetic experiment' (i.e. all 'mutts'):DView attachment 3639293
1BRx ?, 1 Cuckoo marans X EE, 2 Cuckoo Marans X WR, and one ?who knows? Given what group the eggs came from, I am perplexed as to who the parents are for that reddish hen!
Genetics 🧬 and jeans 👖 are two different things! Wow, early morning poetry! :D

I have a constant battle with my phone and autocorrect!
I hated autocorrect on my phone so much that I turned it off. And the "I think I know what you're going to type, so I'll just fill in all the rest for you" feature too.
Think of letters as substitutions. Do you play any sports? It is common for one player to 'sub in' for another. Sometimes it is to give a player a break (from running up and down the field/court constantly) sometimes it is because they need someone with a particular skill at the moment. Letters in math allow you to work with out having a set value - it is how we use the math to figure out what the number SHOULD be given the situation. So, a letter is like stating a position, without stating the player's name (like center for Basketball, or Goalie for hockey or soccer)
This explanation is excellent. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom