He started it! I was minding my own business when Jaffar started saying some rude things in chickenese that I didn’t understand. As the situation escalated, I told him that he was a big bag of feathered rooster poop 💩!
That’s when he hopped over to me (in the dark, and bit my arm)
I’m not angry 😡,
I’m calming down now, but I took him outside, so he can Choke on his cocorico!
:barnie
Ow!

Really like Autumn out there today, very brisk, and that wind is cold. I pity my poor ladies who are molting, Marty got her little apron put on she is almost bald and was just shivering so much. Right now I have this bunch flacked out snoozing 😊💕

6D41F004-5618-4DF5-B65E-AF178EA3019A.jpeg

And nfeel guilty I woke Mr P, he was snuggled up snoozing
AA4901D8-A056-481B-8454-C6D0BDEFE7F2.jpeg

Oh, math is everywhere and informs, either directly or indirectly, every part of our life!.

Think of letters as substitutions. Do you play any sports? It is common for one player to 'sub in' for another. Sometimes it is to give a player a break (from running up and down the field/court constantly) sometimes it is because they need someone with a particular skill at the moment. Letters in math allow you to work with out having a set value - it is how we use the math to figure out what the number SHOULD be given the situation. So, a letter is like stating a position, without stating the player's name (like center for Basketball, or Goalie for hockey or soccer)

Think about this - you are shopping and want to know what your bill will be - you don't know the answer until AFTER you calculate it. With Algebra, you can input a bunch of data and find the best answer (think of a business - input the hourly rate of an employee, the hourly cost to run equipment, and the hourly cost of materials...and the hourly output of equipment and personnel. That helps them determine the selling price of the item they are producing.

I hated autocorrect on my phone so much that I turned it off. And the "I think I know what you're going to type, so I'll just fill in all the rest for you" feature too.

This explanation is excellent. Thank you!
It really is a great explanation! Barb is no doubt a great educator!

My house came with some built in chicken decor!
20230919_134100.jpg
These cuties on the side door flowerbed
20230822_171214.jpg
And this lovely painting in the kitchen, very age faded. There's also a magnet hen somewhere, but currently I have a toddler laying on me so I can't go get a picture haha.
My husband says between his cow collection, my chickens, and our daughter's interest in cats we'll have the farm-home-iest decor. 😆

So the Spuds have had the tote as their escape area, no one chases after them up there. The tote is what I transport them in from the brooder (inside) to the run. They're seven weeks old now. Not sleeping in the coop yet. They stay as far away from the scary Bigs as they can, they go wherever "They" aren't. I'm dreading putting them in the coop one night next week!

Here they're sneaking in a nice dustbath a few days ago since the Buckeyes were away foraging.
PXL_20230915_161000871.jpg

On these cooler days they go and rest down in the tote, it blocks any breeze too. The tarps are not all up yet and today they seemed too cold even there so I set up yet a third cozy coop panel on the chair, which they are appreciating. Big tarps going up now.

See the Buckeyes too are hanging by the corner panels in the back, Butters especially is often over there; she's molting plus she's so skinny.

PXL_20230919_194042385.jpg

Butters a few days ago. She's very hungry for walnuts and mealworms.
PXL_20230915_161050170.jpg

Back
Top Bottom