Sounds like she's close to laying and he's testing his reception rather than pulling a grab and mount.
Nope they were all, out and out hard pecks on her back, the one today they were right beside my chair, he thumped her good, she can squawk really good!

I am hoping she does start laying I am eager to see what colour egg she lays.

Went out to check the crew. Storm is outside, her babies inside, as is Nellie, Mera, Twirp, and both brahmas. Twirp may be sleeping on the ground tonight. If she tries, I may tuck her into a nest box. Will have to see.

20231105_151859.jpg
Whiskey is in the cluster to the left, Chia the fluff just edging the top of the pic. When there's leaves, the mostly stay out of the branches.

20231105_152139.jpg
They came out when I checked the inside the coop occupants.

Then possibly reminding her to mind him when he sounds alarms...?
Hmmm could be, I am at a loss other than he doesn’t want any others near his harem??? He sure is grumpy since he moulted. That’s the only thing I can think.

Went out to check the crew. Storm is outside, her babies inside, as is Nellie, Mera, Twirp, and both brahmas. Twirp may be sleeping on the ground tonight. If she tries, I may tuck her into a nest box. Will have to see.

View attachment 3677271Whiskey is in the cluster to the left, Chia the fluff just edging the top of the pic. When there's leaves, the mostly stay out of the branches.

View attachment 3677273They came out when I checked the inside the coop occupants.
I guess your gang must be wound like a top today, have they been extra spooky?

So glad Twirp seems to be on the mend.

While looking for a photo for one of the contests I realized my favorite all time picture I have taken was took exactly 11 years ago today.
545482_168316266642215_1625231253_n.jpg

That is my old girl Ginnie with Gracie 4 days after we got her. Time has flown bye. Gracie should not be 11 and Ginnie should not be gone 9 years. I also realized for 21 years I have a golden retriever in my life.

Back
Top Bottom