Soooo, a thing happened this morning. I have a new egg. It was laid in the coop before I let everyone out. The only girls who slept in the coop were Lilly, the 2 rocks, Spot, Owly and Poppet. I have 3 pullets who could have laid this, Spot, Owly or Poppet. The egg was right in front of Poppets little house. I suspect it is either Poppets or gulp, Owly's.
I know I have joked Owly could lay a pink egg. I think she took me seriously.
DSCN2732.JPG

Okay… I am angry now. I found Dakota eating something up on her platform. She was eating an egg! :old :mad: I don’t know what to do about that. I have to babysit her closely and try to protect the rest of the eggs laid by the other birds. I can’t have egg eaters in my tribe
She made up for her transgression. She went into the coop, laid an egg and left without incident!
:thumbsup

:goodpost:

I use a hand cart to move the logs and then I sort of tip them into the Chicken Palace and wiggle them into location. It is a good workout!
I want to put the fence energizer on a log - it is currently on an upturned bucket but I worry it isn't stable enough.
I love those cinder block structures - very clever - but I worry about the tipping over issue, Everything in the Chicken Palace is on a hill - quite a steep hill - so to get a flat surface I would have to do some digging.
I wiped out on the hill yesterday just outside the Chicken Palace trying to hot wire that area against the foxes. The combination of ice, mud and the slope was too much and down I went. Bloody nose. I am glad the Princesses were locked inside their Palace or they might have tried eating my nose off my face!

Tax: Bernie says - Who, me?
View attachment 3733396
If you wait until Saturday, everything will be melted and the going might be easier. I don't like that you feel and bloodied your nose. I'm waiting until Sat to extend my hawk deterrent area.

Be careful

Wait... WHAT?!
I was eating lunch. I had french fries. Lately, I've been bringing a piece of lettuce for the Bigs. Today, I was throwing some out there. And those Dominiques ran right over, stomped on the Empress, and devoured the lettuce before she had a chance. I've noticed Dominica has been pecking Josey when it comes to food. I guess Dominica is sick of not getting what she wants.

Everyone's talking about how their chickens laying their first eggs, or first eggs for the year, and their egg competitions! I can't catch up!
Wait... WHAT?!
I was eating lunch. I had french fries. Lately, I've been bringing a piece of lettuce for the Bigs. Today, I was throwing some out there. And those Dominiques ran right over, stomped on the Empress, and devoured the lettuce before she had a chance. I've noticed Dominica has been pecking Josey when it comes to food. I guess Dominica is sick of not getting what she wants.
I don't know if you can stop that, only if you give Josey her own treats, away from the others?

Tax:
1000005735.jpg

Everyone's talking about how their chickens laying their first eggs, or first eggs for the year, and their egg competitions! I can't catch up!

I don't know if you can stop that, only if you give Josey her own treats, away from the others?

Tax:
View attachment 3733656
Don't feel bad. I bet I'm going to lose count of those chooks' eggs.

I'm fine with the pecking so long as it doesn't get out of hand.

Back
Top Bottom