The devil is weeing on us today. At first the forecast said it was stopping a hour an half ago, but it's still going. My poor princess and doh can't be out in this šŸ˜¢
Thatā€™s too bad and sad. I canā€™t wait till summer, of course then it will be hot and humid. No winning with weather!

:hugs

I have eggs (just in time as I was on my last one).
Left to right
- Back row: Babs, Piglet
- Frint row: Bernie, Tassels, Pooh

This is Tasselsā€™ first day back after her winter break and Poohā€™s second ever egg.
Sylvie hasnā€™t started up again and Calypso clearly discussed matters with Bernie who told her not to bother until she is at least 11 months old!

:lau

View attachment 3746441
I have eggs (just in time as I was on my last one).
Left to right
- Back row: Babs, Piglet
- Frint row: Bernie, Tassels, Pooh

This is Tasselsā€™ first day back after her winter break and Poohā€™s second ever egg.
Sylvie hasnā€™t started up again and Calypso clearly discussed matters with Bernie who told her not to bother until she is at least 11 months old!

:lau

View attachment 3746441
Love the eggs. Tassels is really different. It intrigues me. In theory my EE Owly crossed with Bubba should create Olive Eggers. I do not know if that would hold true though where she is a EE and essentially a mixed breed and not a true Ameracauna or other blue egg breed like a legbar. I do not need more chicks other then the eventual planned silkies if Poppet ever decides to finally start laying. Chick fever is starting to set in, and I have a feeling before long someone will go broody. It also is not helping that Owly has clearly picked her rooster and I have witnessed several liaisons between her and Bubba.

Mugs Monday
Marty - here she comes! She can move!
View attachment 3746390View attachment 3746389View attachment 3746388

And there she goes, she had the zoomies yesterday
View attachment 3746392

Bert is turning out to be a pretty little fellow, RC look at those hairy legs šŸ˜Š
View attachment 3746384
View attachment 3746387

Betty or is it Curly? No itā€™s Betty I think šŸ˜, her legs and face are dark like her mums now. But her mum has some leg feathers and she has none.
View attachment 3746385

Mr P - keeping an eye to the sky out on mount poopmore
View attachment 3746386

I feel bad for having trimmed his head feathers but he really couldnā€™t see very well, even still he could use more trimming but I am afraid of cutting blood feathers.
Marty is just gorgeous when she is not naked. Bert is turning into a very handsome young man. Betty is a cutie and Mr P. He is rocking his punk rocker hair do. I do not care how funny he looks, you are doing what is best for him. He needs to be able to see to keep him and his girls safe.

Love the eggs. Tassels is really different. It intrigues me. In theory my EE Owly crossed with Bubba should create Olive Eggers. I do not know if that would hold true though where she is a EE and essentially a mixed breed and not a true Ameracauna or other blue egg breed like a legbar. I do not need more chicks other then the eventual planned silkies if Poppet ever decides to finally start laying. Chick fever is starting to set in, and I have a feeling before long someone will go broody. It also is not helping that Owly has clearly picked her rooster and I have witnessed several liaisons between her and Bubba.
I donā€™t know enough chicken genetics to understand really. I know green comes from blue and brown egg laying crosses.
So Tassels is a cross between an Ameraucana (blue eggs, beard and muffs) and a Black Copper Marans (brown eggs, black feathers, and feathered legs).
So she has it all and produces a dusty lavender egg?!
:idunno
Maybe it will turn green later in the season.

Last edited:
Azygous (BYC memeber) was the one who thought it looked like lash material. I decided to treat with Amox out of caution.

Yeah, anitbiotics are much harder to get, and I don't use them lightly either. I felt I'd never forgive myself if Pippy died because I didn't.

I appreciate everyone's advice and good wishes. :thumbsup Pippy seems to be doing well; energetic and running around, hungry, drinking.

I bought a bottle of green food coloring (my choices were green or red; I wanted blue) and I'll mark her vent so that I can tell if she lays an egg.
It looked to me like there was enough shell and stuff for two soft eggs in that first pic. I've been a bit behind, waiting for someone to mention it. So my feeling is she's been "backed up" for a few days before that at least.
I wonder if scarring from coccidiosis could cause some difficulty passing an egg - where the intestinal and reproductive systems share tissues?

Definitely a different color than before she took a winter break.
I donā€™t think it can be anyone elseā€™s egg.
Strange!

View attachment 3746561
She added extra bloom onto that egg. I have been spending a lot of my time in the living room with grandma the last few days. I figured out for sure it is one of the Rocks that lays the occasional pink egg. Every 3rd egg she lays is pink now. Wash them and it is the color of her normal eggs.

She added extra bloom onto that egg. I have been spending a lot of my time in the living room with grandma the last few days. I figured out for sure it is one of the Rocks that lays the occasional pink egg. Every 3rd egg she lays is pink now. Wash them and it is the color of her normal eggs.
Oh! I will try washing one and see. But I will wait until I have 2-3 in hand to compare.

Back
Top Bottom