Meanwhile last I looked Peavey Mart still doesn’t have their 2024 chick catalogue out. I just bet they just have the same as last year and don’t have the Appenzeller Spitting-chicken I so want.
Oh just check again and it’s up, and I am terribly disappointed. None that I want are there in the list 😢

https://www.chickdays.ca/

No Dak Brahma
No Cuckoo Marans
No spitshaben

Maybe if I contact Hoovers they can put my order in with theirs to ship cross border.

Here’s a look inside the newly redone extension! There are weak points I won’t be able to get to in time, but I doubt they’ll be found out by the vermin this week.
This part of the run is cluttered up and down, except for a strip that I get to walk along. The obstacles are very well utilized!
C0785CF5-3817-4498-B6ED-2B6D0466B5F3.jpeg

A preening party hosted by the old gals! They’re celebrating having had a nice morning out free ranging. Perry is included, since Quincy invited her. 😁
7BA78606-6BEE-4697-BE91-ED684BF3AF23.jpeg

Oh just check again and it’s up, and I am terribly disappointed. None that I want are there in the list 😢

No Dak Brahma
No Cuckoo Marans
No spitshaben

Maybe if I contact Hoovers they can put my order in with theirs to ship cross border.
How is the small farm hatching scene up there? Around the US there are gazillions of small farm operations that specialize in a couple of breeds or five, and sell those eggs/chicks, and are able to ship if they’re NPIP certified. Could you try for your Brahmas/Marans that way?

No Dak Brahma
No Cuckoo Marans
No spitshaben

Our feed mill can order them and just about anything. I don't know who they go through though.

Here’s a look inside the newly redone extension! There are weak points I won’t be able to get to in time, but I doubt they’ll be found out by the vermin this week.
This part of the run is cluttered up and down, except for a strip that I get to walk along. The obstacles are very well utilized!View attachment 3748338

A preening party hosted by the old gals! They’re celebrating having had a nice morning out free ranging. Perry is included, since Quincy invited her. 😁
View attachment 3748341
Looks great! Good job!

How is the small farm hatching scene up there? Around the US there are gazillions of small farm operations that specialize in a couple of breeds or five, and sell those eggs/chicks, and are able to ship if they’re NPIP certified. Could you try for your Brahmas/Marans that way?
We don’t have anything as such, there are some hatcheries here but they basically have production breeds only for eggs and meat.

There is one place here Performance Poultry I can get some specialty birds from but they don’t ship- it’s about a 4 hr drive from me.

I will call Hoovers Monday and see if they can include a shipment with Peavey.

Back
Top Bottom