Oh me too - but I am a bit embarrassed I don’t know who is laying what.
The egg I think is from Tassels is laid in Sylvie’s box - where she spends the night to avoid the bully Piglet.
How Piglet - who is tiny - gets to be the class bully I will never understand!

I hear ya, I have no idea who is laying what! I have a long weekend here so I plan on staying in the barn to see who is laying what.

I would really like to know if Larry is laying normal eggs now she is on calcium tablets.

Tippy is a wee thing and terrorizes most of the others - but she is so darn cute I can’t be mad at her

Bratty Tippy
View attachment 3748875
This is a nice pic of Tippy, nice to see them close like that!

I am watching the Buckeyes because one or both of them laid a thin-shelled egg (got two, and two good ones) this week. I am seeing the Spuds eat oyster shell but not the Buckeyes. I hate to give either of them pills, it is stressful for them. They are on Nutrena Feather Fixer which is slightly less calcium than a Layer would be. But I have seen Hazel take crushed eggshells.

Eggs - with several hens of the same breed it's hard to tell which one laid what unless you see them in the act and figure it out. I can tell the Orpington eggs versus the Buckeyes, it is a pale tan versus the darker brown, but that's all.

I think today Anna laid her first egg! Very small but cute. She herself is a small thing, so I'm hoping her eggs don't get too big anyway. She's been squatting in a funny way: she stays crouching, holding her wings out. Just holds that position, even after I've stroked her. Doesn't move, stays squatting. Today for the first time, and only once, she did stand up, fluff and ruffle. She's learning!

@Ponypoor I also wanted to ask why you don't want the chickens choosing where they sleep. Looks like there's plenty of room in Hen House A, and they all didn't pile in there, some chose the other HHB. What's your goal?

Chickens really need to be all together to feel right as a "flock" it seems. This is on my mind - if I were to get a few more chickens; my current coop will hold six standard size comfortably, more if the nesting area is opened up and other spaces provided for nest boxes. I know they all may decide to pile into one coop even if I provided a second one, and if it's too hot for all of them in one coop, it would not be good for them. The solution might be one big coop. Omlet has come out with one, twice the size but twice the cost $$$$. Maybe build one.

Be careful with those. If I am reading it right you do not get to choose the breeds in the assortment. I am not thinking uh oh roosters either. Look what is pictured underneath the silver seabrights. Those are Old English Game. Lovely hardy birds, if you want a Bat Crap Crazy Momma hen. Get you 1, the little demon will be up in the rafters and hiding her eggs in your barn loft by 6 months. If you try to break her up, you will invent new curse words for her. You will also call her every single name under the sun when she sneaks off and comes home with chicks in tow.
I only saw the fuzzy legs - I was blinded by them 😆

I’ll have to go to Hoovers site and see what they list in that group.

Be careful with those. If I am reading it right you do not get to choose the breeds in the assortment. I am not thinking uh oh roosters either. Look what is pictured underneath the silver seabrights. Those are Old English Game. Lovely hardy birds, if you want a Bat Crap Crazy Momma hen. Get you 1, the little demon will be up in the rafters and hiding her eggs in your barn loft by 6 months. If you try to break her up, you will invent new curse words for her. You will also call her every single name under the sun when she sneaks off and comes home with chicks in tow.
Great mothers, aren't they?

I bought rocks, for my Rocks today. I also bought some walnuts and raisins for the kids.
Pretty darn sure they will have True Grit after that! IMG_4028.jpeg

I bought rocks, for my Rocks today. I also bought some walnuts and raisins for the kids.
Pretty darn sure they will have True Grit after that! View attachment 3749075
First you said, I bought rocks today.
I'm here thinking, "Nice! He got new chooks!"
Then you say, "For the Rocks."
🤦‍♂️
Nice that they have more grit now, though!

Edit: Hold on....
True Grit?
Double🤦‍♂️

Tax:
1000005824.jpg

This is a nice pic of Tippy, nice to see them close like that!

I am watching the Buckeyes because one or both of them laid a thin-shelled egg (got two, and two good ones) this week. I am seeing the Spuds eat oyster shell but not the Buckeyes. I hate to give either of them pills, it is stressful for them. They are on Nutrena Feather Fixer which is slightly less calcium than a Layer would be. But I have seen Hazel take crushed eggshells.

Eggs - with several hens of the same breed it's hard to tell which one laid what unless you see them in the act and figure it out. I can tell the Orpington eggs versus the Buckeyes, it is a pale tan versus the darker brown, but that's all.

I think today Anna laid her first egg! Very small but cute. She herself is a small thing, so I'm hoping her eggs don't get too big anyway. She's been squatting in a funny way: she stays crouching, holding her wings out. Just holds that position, even after I've stroked her. Doesn't move, stays squatting. Today for the first time, and only once, she did stand up, fluff and ruffle. She's learning!

@Ponypoor I also wanted to ask why you don't want the chickens choosing where they sleep. Looks like there's plenty of room in Hen House A, and they all didn't pile in there, some chose the other HHB. What's your goal?

Chickens really need to be all together to feel right as a "flock" it seems. This is on my mind - if I were to get a few more chickens; my current coop will hold six standard size comfortably, more if the nesting area is opened up and other spaces provided for nest boxes. I know they all may decide to pile into one coop even if I provided a second one, and if it's too hot for all of them in one coop, it would not be good for them. The solution might be one big coop. Omlet has come out with one, twice the size but twice the cost $$$$. Maybe build one.
This time of year I am ok but soon it will be summer and I don’t want them to get overheated - I’m trying to train them - but I think they are training me 😆

Do you think your Buckeyes will take some calcium in a bit of bread? I cut my tablets in quarters with a pill cutter. The other night Marty thought I had treats and gobbled her piece hahahaha.

I just can't seem to get my chickens to drink water. Everytime I want a photo of them drinking water, they just walk away. As if they are too embarrassed to be drinking water in front of a human.
Relax, at least you aren't wearing a bathing suit...
Chicken Wearing Orange and White Polka Dot Bikini Funny Feminine Just For  Fun Card for Woman / Her

Either way, I'll give you some Grandma. Most of the photos I have taken are about the same so I don't really know which ones I have shown you all and ones I haven't. You may expect the same photo from me in other future posts.
IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

Back
Top Bottom