A fox might eat a baby one if it was caught above ground, but they would never risk encountering an healthy adult. They have massive claws and are very strong from all the digging.
What kind of cat litter? Just a bit, or fill up the hole? I need to try this.

Tax
View attachment 3768388
Ah, I meant used cat litter. It’s supposed to be the cat urine and maybe feces they can’t stand. That being said, we had only one hole we were concerned with and so I dumped the whole tray there, a regular sized pan with maybe four inches of stuff in it, so it could have been the volume of it too that helped!

Ah, I meant used cat litter.
We have a lot of wood chucks. We don't have a cat. I was hoping that a big plastic bucket of kitty litter would get rid of the chuck and give me another really great chicken poop bucket at the same time. Dang.

Tax:
Pip, in a pensive moment.
IMG_E5807.JPG

I had one kind of oyster shell (not sure which; bought at the local feed store, so it was their bag) that the girls pretty much ignored. I bought Dumor, and they seem to like that better. I'm going to look for Scratch 'n' Peck brand and buy a bag of that, see if they like it better.

Thanks for the info, @ChicoryBlue!
The kind I have right now is not theirs, sorry. But I have had both and they like both!

This is what I have now, it's less expensive per pound (5 lbs for $15 on Amazon) than Scratch N Peck 4 lbs for $20 at Target online and Amazon).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BN39CRR1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
1710164131611.png

The Scratch N Peck is also the actual flakes and they loved it too.
Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Scratch-Peck-Feeds-Supplement-Chickens/dp/B00UIM7N0A/ref=sr_1_2?crid=44PQBILFQUHC&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.pTz9TUITCcW_3NSmJ8MeR-xAslQuVXTMJMorUD0CDq50Lssjlv644pQqOhfKhFN8bk-E7RzTilvutDw_7cY3bRTX7onzpeCvoQH_UomLdt6U8oShOdzjOHirAZNtUCzctiy2-W9lL0G7l3OzdQdMXWvyDEIxugY8tPwqec76PBYX3psUwl1y-WFWa64ZcJAZ_XX3GxZ5pgfAHnlDf6axLZBMxxtT_fq273cBzSlTJ7I9-gBcm_KaJCisqVZprMft.6ZACQNzggtGp7q8U_3pkN96mL1RpH1A89R_AnxcHLfw&dib_tag=se&keywords=Scratch+N+Peck+oyster+shell&qid=1710164604&rdc=1&sprefix=scratch+n+peck+oyster+shell,aps,125&sr=8-2

Target
https://www.target.com/p/scratch-and-peck-feeds-cluckin-good-organic-ground-oyster-shell-for-chickens-and-ducks-4-lbs/-/A-91274247?sid=&ref=tgt_adv_xsp&AFID=google&fndsrc=tgtao&DFA=71700000117334919&CPNG=PLA_Pets+Shopping_TargetPlus|Pets_Ecomm_Essentials&adgroup=SC_Pets&LID=700000001170770pgs&LNM=PRODUCT_GROUP&network=g&device=c&location=1023512&targetid=pla-297068456305&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw17qvBhBrEiwA1rU9wy64OxZ-v_tBfLhUTVt4gkWhQx88FCi8L5oWj4cHVWLU5_2m8fxj6BoColcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
1710164438343.png

Ah, I meant used cat litter. It’s supposed to be the cat urine and maybe feces they can’t stand. That being said, we had only one hole we were concerned with and so I dumped the whole tray there, a regular sized pan with maybe four inches of stuff in it, so it could have been the volume of it too that helped!
Well I have plenty of that. I will try it.
I use pine pellets as cat litter and I dumped a load on the edge of the woods where the poison ivy grows. Raccoons came and used my heap of used pine litter as their toilet. I imagine it was a way of asserting it was their territory.

Last edited:
Well I have plenty of that. I will try it.
I use pine stalk pellets as cat litter and I dumped a load on the edge of the woods where the poison ivy grows. Raccoons came and used my heap of used pine litter as their toilet. I imagine it was a way of asserting it was their territory.
It’s the way of the raccoon! :old :gig

I LOVE LOVE LOVE German Shepherds! I have one and he is the greatest. He's 4 years old and 78lbs, so on the smaller side. BIG bark, lots of shedding, and yes, big teeth. But he is the most loving, loyal, fun dog. He is very vocal. More so than a husky, but that could be just him. He's adorable. It is very true what they say about them attaching to the women. My picture won't upload.
In memory of my beautiful shepherd Rowan. They are sweet loving and loyal pups. The shedding is epic and entirely worth it. 💕
IMG_8590_Original.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom