Happy Pony Sunday!
I have school tomorrow 😬 and then only six more weeks and I’m out for the summer!
BFTP - There is not a single day where I don’t think about Lenny. I’m going to plan to visit him this summer, as he lives only two hours away from me.
IMG_1754.jpeg

Tina lived around a year after laying a lash egg, and she was a battery hen. Sadly Agatha didn't cope so well.

Princess laid two last year and she's still going. It meant no more egg laying for all three
I only wish I had more knowledge of these lash eggs at the time because it may well have prolonged thier lives.

Princess has never been a great layer maybe this is why she's still with us.
Princess looks great, she may continue to lay the odd egg like Penelope does. Penelope also isn't a great egg layer, and her daughter Dorothy also doesn't lay many eggs. I am fine with that.

I thought Red was going to lay an egg yesterday - she was hanging out in the nest box - I have never seen her do that! But she didn't, but I will keep a very very close eye on her. I don't want her to lay any eggs, but better out than in if she does.

Sharpie hasn't laid an egg since her soft egg and lash egg last week - although I have been getting mucky next boxes which and obvious egg has broken and been consumed in there. I didn't see anything yesterday like that. Sharpie has been getting calcium every night with her aspirin and antibiotic. Last night was her last dose, but I'll continue with the calcium.

Who knew chickens would be so stressful at times!

Happy Pony Sunday!
I have school tomorrow 😬 and then only six more weeks and I’m out for the summer!
BFTP - There is not a single day where I don’t think about Lenny. I’m going to plan to visit him this summer, as he lives only two hours away from me.
View attachment 3794080
Hi Lenny - nice nostrils 💕 :love

Are you back to riding at all?

Hi Lenny - nice nostrils 💕 :love

Are you back to riding at all?
No. I need A’s in my two most important classes, Physical Science and Spanish. I have an 87 in Science and an 85 in Spanish. I’m so close. I’ve gotten about five 100’s in a row in Spanish but it’s not gone up at all.
I’m going to need to ask for extra credit.

Tina lived around a year after laying a lash egg, and she was a battery hen. Sadly Agatha didn't cope so well.

Princess laid two last year and she's still going. It meant no more egg laying for all three
I only wish I had more knowledge of these lash eggs at the time because it may well have prolonged thier lives.

Princess has never been a great layer maybe this is why she's still with us.
Oh! Thanks for sharing- those are three very different outcomes.

So far, Becky seems better! She has plenty of spunk to cause mayhem, chasing after everyone below her in the Order. And she has resumed laying eggs, although very very thin shelled ones. I try to get out to the coop several times a day so I could catch them in the nest box before someone else lays on top of it and clobbers her egg. They are still enormous, so it’s a huge mess when they do pop open.
CF015C87-21FC-44B3-BFE9-18334FF3B9CA.jpeg

Throw back to our last sunny day.

Editing to add: I didn’t get the antibiotics on time, so Becky’s better self came from no treatment at all. I’m considering starting calcium again, like Sharpie.

Last edited:
No. I need A’s in my two most important classes, Physical Science and Spanish. I have an 87 in Science and an 85 in Spanish. I’m so close. I’ve gotten about five 100’s in a row in Spanish but it’s not gone up at all.
I’m going to need to ask for extra credit.
Tell that Spanish teacher that you want an H in class, as in Habla Epanish! :D

Back
Top Bottom