Is it time for a broody breaker? Or do you prefer to have her sit a few weeks first?
I don’t know. I don’t have much experience. And of today it will be one full week. I will weigh her again. If she is losing condition I will try to persuade her to change her mind about the whole idea!

Happy mugshot Monday. Here is Bernie discussing the broody situation with me.
Clouds expected for the eclipse.
🙁

IMG_5808.jpeg

Probably not. I think she’s just running the course towards the tail end of her high-production life. I could give her all sorts of table scraps such as garlic and I wouldn’t expect a different outcome. As it is, it appears to have cleared up on its own, the only treatment being making sure she got some food.

The one thing I wish I could give her a lot more of is sun bathing. She is the gal in my flock who most appreciates it!
@BeastBaby
Just a thought here.
Would mint and garlic help out a little with this lash egg problem?

Pip has laid another membrane-only egg, and it's a big one. And another lash egg, bigger than the first. I didn't take pictures. Button, another one of the pullets, really likes to eat eggs when she finds a broken one, and I had to get it out of there intact.

I'll be starting another round of lotus leaf extract and calcium citrate.

I'd seen Pip in her favorite nest box, and she might have laid a normal egg, but I don't know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom