Do you want chicks but not the responsibility of raising them? Are you wanting to hatch out some eggs, but have no incubator and your hens have never been broody a day in their life?

Rent-A-Broody is open for business.
For a small fee of $1.00 you can rent a broody hen to adopt or hatch out for you. For no additional charge fertilized eggs can be sent with the broody girl if you do not have a rooster of your own. Renter agree's to put up with whatever behavior your Momma exhibits. Some are nice to people, other's will try to murder you for looking at their chicks. It is all part of the broody experience.

Currently available:
DSCN3000.JPG

On the left we have Goose. Goose is a proven broody who raised 8 chicks of her own last year. She can easily cover 8 to 10 normal sized eggs or at least a dozen bantam eggs. She shrieks and growls but does not bite when you disturb her or check her eggs. She is already been sitting for right at 2 weeks and is half silkie. If you wanted a hen to adopt some day old chicks Goose is your girl.

On the right we have Lilly. Lilly is unproven but comes from a line of proven broody Marans. She would be a good one to set some eggs under. Lilly is a big girl, she can easily cover a dozen normal eggs or 15 bantam eggs if you are feeling adventurous. Word of warning, Lilly will bite you if you reach under her.

Not currently broody but when she does go there is always "The Ole Bat". I will pay someone to take this hen to let them set. A waiver must be signed for her though. She is tried and true and bat crap crazy. You WILL be shrieked at, bit and the skin twisted, and flogged. When the chicks hatch, she WILL attack you when you refill the chicks food and water. You WILL NOT be allowed to be within 5 feet of the chicks. Do NOT look at or think of touching the first 4 weeks, just don't. Her chicks are smart though as she is a survivor and she passes down her skills to them.
DSCN2965.JPG

If interested call 1-800-Broody-Hen.

Do you want chicks but not the responsibility of raising them? Are you wanting to hatch out some eggs, but have no incubator and your hens have never been broody a day in their life?

For a small fee of $1.00 you can rent a broody hen to adopt or hatch out for you. For no additional charge fertilized eggs can be sent with the broody girl if you do not have a rooster of your own. Renter agree's to put up with whatever behavior your Momma exhibits. Some are nice to people, other's will try to murder you for looking at their chicks. It is all part of the broody experience.

Currently available:
View attachment 3797637
On the left we have Goose. Goose is a proven broody who raised 8 chicks of her own last year. She can easily cover 8 to 10 normal sized eggs or at least a dozen bantam eggs. She shrieks and growls but does not bite when you disturb her or check her eggs. She is already been sitting for right at 2 weeks and is half silkie. If you wanted a hen to adopt some day old chicks Goose is your girl.

On the right we have Lilly. Lilly is unproven but comes from a line of proven broody Marans. She would be a good one to set some eggs under. Lilly is a big girl, she can easily cover a dozen normal eggs or 15 bantam eggs if you are feeling adventurous. Word of warning, Lilly will bite you if you reach under her.

Not currently broody but when she does go there is always "The Ole Bat". I will pay someone to take this hen to let them set. A waiver must be signed for her though. She is tried and true and bat crap crazy. You WILL be shrieked at, bit and the skin twisted, and flogged. When the chicks hatch, she WILL attack you when you refill the chicks food and water. You WILL NOT be allowed to be within 5 feet of the chicks. Do NOT look at or think of touching the first 4 weeks, just don't. Her chicks are smart though as she is a survivor and she passes down her skills to them.
View attachment 3797645

:gig :gig
:lau:lau:lau

Currently available:
View attachment 3797637

View attachment 3797645

Hahahaha

My money would be on the bat-crap-crazy-Momma-Hen 😁

Survival skills are needed here what with coyotes foxes and wolves !

:yuckyuck :clap

Loathe "to get more," my fat bottom. You're a compulsive chicky collector. If chickens were drugs, girl I'd put you in rehab myself :lau
Well I Can’t really do anything till my niece’s school chicks hatch and arrive back here. I wouldn’t mind having a silkie pullet or two. But seeing as how it’s hard to tell girl or boy not sure how I would be able to keep a bunch till they got old enough to do a gender test.

🤨 hmmmm….

Currently available:
View attachment 3797637

View attachment 3797645

Sorry, but Ole Bat looks similar to Agathae. At least the hackles do. I feel that Agathae must be friends on Beakbook with her.

Hey there RC, don’t judge me, I am just being nosey, getting my chick-kins fix 😁
I am not judging. I had to ask a friend to go to TSC for me today. One of my waterers is about to crack so I thought I should get another one, but I didn’t want to risk a walk past the bins of chicks!

Currently available:
View attachment 3797637

View attachment 3797645

But if, (and only if) you want a man around the house, this guy will fit the bill straight away! He’s a strong roo, with a great personality and sadly, he’s kinda picky about the females of his harem.
Stud service $.25 IMG_2087.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom