My back scratcher extends to about 20”.
A home made version can be as long as you like. Nail an empty cat food can (or similar but a small cat food can is a perfect size) to a broom handle.
That is what I used when they laid under the floorboards in the servants’ quarters during construction of the Chicken Palace.
I remember that! Good thinking ‘outside the nest box’ 👍

Happy Thirsty Thursday everyone.
A group catching up at the water cooler and Tassels on an enforced break.
Tassels still won’t drink anything. I tried syringing some water into her beak but she was not having anything to do with that idea.
The question I have is where did Tassels learn to swear like that? I mean honestly I am shocked at the words she shrieks at me!
IMG_5977.jpeg
IMG_5920.jpeg

A home made version can be as long as you like. Nail an empty cat food can (or similar but a small cat food can is a perfect size) to a broom handle.
That is what I used when they laid under the floorboards in the servants’ quarters during construction of the Chicken Palace.
Let me get this straight, you scratch your back with an empty cat food can? 🤦‍♂️

Ah you are so ready! Hurray!
Such an enabler 🤨
🤔😊

Happy Thirsty Thursday everyone.
A group catching up at the water cooler and Tassels on an enforced break.
Tassels still won’t drink anything. I tried syringing some water into her beak but she was not having anything to do with that idea.
The question I have is where did Tassels learn to swear like that? I mean honestly I am shocked at the words she shrieks at me!
View attachment 3798235View attachment 3798236
BeakBook - where else? She hears it from my kiddos who are on Beak Book and there ya go!

Let me get this straight, you scratch your back with an empty cat food can? 🤦‍♂️
Hmm - suggestion - don’t use the lid!

:gig

That is what I am doing. I fully trust Tomatilla with any amount of chicks, but with any other hen I am wary.
I have my fingers crossed for you and her. Once they are over that first 72 hrs they should be good about escaping an evil mamas pecks.

Ah! Great idea, I remember now you had described this. We do have tuna cans here. Will look for a handle and an appropriate cup. Good to have at the ready, thank you! :bow

Back
Top Bottom