A bit challenging without knowing gender but here goes:
Credo
Gloria
Deo Gratias
Domina
Sancta
Pontifex
I have two named Dominica and In Albis. There is a Sunday in the season of Easter for us Catholics called Dominica In Albis. It has a slight pun on Dominique, and turns out In Albis had more white feathers. The names suit those two chooks pretty well.

Where did you get those?

I have two named Dominica and In Albis. There is a Sunday in the season of Easter for us Catholics called Dominica In Albis. It has a slight pun on Dominique, and turns out In Albis had more white feathers. The names suit those two chooks pretty well.

Where did you get those?
What do you mean where did I get them?
I made them up.

You asked me for chicken names in Latin and I was already trying names with a religious theme.
So I just thought of Latin words with a religious connection that might be good names for a chicken.
There are lots - but my Latin is rusty and not liturgically grounded, so I am sure there are many others.
I decided not to obsess too much about gender. And I did not intend to offend anyone.

I made them up.

You asked me for chicken names in Latin and I was already trying names with a religious theme.
So I just thought of Latin words with a religious connection that might be good names for a chicken.
There are lots - but my Latin is rusty and not liturgically grounded, so I am sure there are many others.
I decided not to obsess too much about gender. And I did not intend to offend anyone.
You didn't offend me at all. I was just curious if you found them somewhere online or pulled them out of your hat.

Agathae says she'll licence her name to featherhead.

There's probably tons of names in Latin I'm going to glaze over and stumble upon.

I made them up.

I personally don’t get offended easily. Why be angry! :idunno But it’s going to take time for me to name the little ones.
I have no real time limit to give them their titles.

You didn't offend me at all. I was just curious if you found them somewhere online or pulled them out of your hat.

Agathae says she'll licence her name to featherhead.

There's probably tons of names in Latin I'm going to glaze over and stumble upon.
Pulled out of my hat.
And here is Latin tax (tributum): Piglet complaining about the line for the nest box.
IMG_6158.jpeg

Pulled out of my hat.
And here is Latin tax (tributum): Piglet complaining about the line for the nest box.
View attachment 3807908
That picture of her complaining is just so funny. Felicitas will not lay if anyone else is using the nesting boxes. She'll sit on the perch and send glares through the door until that poor hen get up.

Back
Top Bottom