Sir Jaffar has never been around chicks. He’s never seen chicks and he can’t even see these chicks. He’s blind.
But he can hear them and feel their movement. Animals are better at adapting then we humans are. And really, how do we know what he can or cannot see. Shadows? A portion of sight…. He’s a good tough old bird with the best human friend he can have 💕

He’ll adapt with your help ❤️

So you need names more like Blessed, Heaven, Holy, Grace and Psalm?
Maybe Hymn.
Holy Dinah
Holy Hannah
Mary mother of God
Murphy
Joseph

Just kidding some Irish Newfoundland humour.

I’d offer up Ruth but that name is taken by my little pecker.

How about flower names? Daisy, lilac, blossom, fern, dandelion, sweet pea, rhododendron……. 😁

An Official Portrait

In honor of her 20th anniversary as leader*, I had a portrait of Aurora commissioned. You can see it here.

20220501080117-fotor-2024042117593.jpg

I was going to hang it in the main coop but Aurora felt that was wrong. She insisted that I hang it in the Cluckle Hut so that all who roosted there would see her as the last thing before they nodded off to sleep and the first thing every morning when they awoke.

So there it hangs.

Right over the door.

Reminding all who enter and exit that they do so at her pleasure.
20240421_190439.jpg

* by my experience each year of a chicken's life is equivalent to 10 of ours. Hence the 20th anniversary.

But then there are the two Black Copper marans. I’m having a whale of a time guessing their gender! I’ve been trying every tried-and-true technique as well as old wive’s tales for guessing.

This particular 6 week old chick, unnamed, has a Pros and Cons list going! Check it out:

Pro cockerel:
CE64B751-350A-40E6-AA54-CED0BBB64860.jpeg

-Large! Quite a beefy thing.
-Medium thick legs.
-Hints of copper on the shoulder feathers (could also be “mossiness”?)
-Large comb, wattles.
-Top dog in the brooder.
-Easy to handle, unafraid.

Pro pullet:
1F2F4AE9-E0E3-4BA4-958F-36E6E298B59C.jpeg

-Fast feathering. She’s the bum on the right.
-Comb decidedly doesn’t have much color at six weeks old.
-Sports a pullet stance; she is rarely upright.
DB677B17-93AF-4AEB-AF3F-0CA1CDB3851F.jpeg

:pop :fl

@featherhead007 Charity, Beatitude, Love Joy, Patience, Peace, Long-suffering, Jezebel....

Or Ruth, Esther, Naomi, Miriam, Martha, Mary with Caleb or Joshua for a roo...
My grandfather was named Noah I always like that name, he had a brother who was called Jacki-Moses- so those would be nice Roo Names 💕

An Official Portrait

In honor of her 20th anniversary as leader*, I had a portrait of Aurora commissioned. You can see it here.

View attachment 3808037

I was going to hang it in the main coop but Aurora felt that was wrong. She insisted that I hang it in the Cluckle Hut so that all who roosted there would see her as the last thing before they nodded off to sleep and the first thing every morning when they awoke.

So there it hangs.

Right over the door.

Reminding all who enter and exit that they do so at her pleasure.
View attachment 3808038

* by my experience each year of a chicken's life is equivalent to 10 of ours. Hence the 20th anniversary.
Love love love it!!! 😁👍👍

Back
Top Bottom