Holy moly!! Haha that cockerel is probably what Butch (a chick that came with this batch) would have looked like at that age if he were still around. That’s an astounding difference.
By what week could I stop worrying about “late bloomers”? Now?
My original group of Black Copper Marans. There ended up being 4 boys and 2 girls. They are around 9 weeks old here.
cockerel in the front, pullet in the back.
DSCN0585.JPG

DSCN0593.JPG

My pullet Daisy
DSCN0595.JPG
DSCN0620.JPG

The boys. My beloved Drumstick is the young man facing the camera.
DSCN0623.JPG

Daisy in-between 2 boys.
DSCN0627.JPG

My other original pullet who I still have Holly.
DSCN0628.JPG
DSCN0629.JPG
DSCN0634.JPG

You will notice when it appears, you cannot mistake the adult male markings for mossy markings. Also do not panic as the pictures show for green or blue iridescence in the feathering. Male or female, they are such a rich black that when the sunlight hits their feathers light up like gemstones. It is one of my favorite things about black chickens in general.

Greetings yall from the oilfield. Funny how a 4 day job turns into 3 plus weeks. Hope all is well, I'm tired but a break is coming soon. My daughter's friend's coop is pictured below. Funny how she thought frizzle and Easter Eggers were made up chicken names, lol.View attachment 3808166View attachment 3808167
Was wondering where you had got to. I sure hope you are not over doing it! Be careful.

That is one fancy coop! And I love that wee drizzle 💕

Edit- meant frizzle not drizzle :oops:

Last edited:
It’s all of them! They are rotten little savage beasts! I wish he would just turn around and smack them down.

I will keep him separate at night and see if that controls it some, and if not then I will have to move him someplace safe.
How about to my home. I'd spoil him rotten, even more than Jaffar .

Seriously, I've been so worried about him. He's a very special little man 💘 he's got my ❤️

Greetings yall from the oilfield. Funny how a 4 day job turns into 3 plus weeks. Hope all is well, I'm tired but a break is coming soon. My daughter's friend's coop is pictured below. Funny how she thought frizzle and Easter Eggers were made up chicken names, lol.View attachment 3808166View attachment 3808167
It's good seeing you again and what lovely pictures ❤️

View attachment 3808168I’m still at a loss for knowing what breed of chickens they are. I know the two EE’s but maybe a GLWyandotte and the rest? :idunno
Well in my professional opinion they are known as ‘friggin adorable chicks’ breed of chicken 🥰❤️

I love your idea of using the egg crate for feed - I am going to use that if I ever have chicks again 💕😊

Do they use their little box nest? That’s exactly n what I was thinking 💕

Thanks rural mouse. I miss yall. This thread is where I go to relax with my like minded friends. Did I post the cardinal nest in our rose bush? I took this pic a day or two before I left home.View attachment 3808185
Wow! That’s awesome! And I love those roses 💕 that rose bush sure has a lot of blossoms!

I watched her build it for a few days. Lety claimed I was being lazy but I countered with I'm merely observant, lol
They are time thieves, not lazy 😊 is it our fault that the world around us is so interesting?

I spend hours watching the bluebirds, nest and raise their young. It is not being lazy it is observing the world around us.
Eggsactly! Who am I to judge? I spent hours watching horses eat grass! And squirrels eating pine cones.

Back
Top Bottom