Was it successful, I have no clue, I rounded the house and caught the end of it yesterday evening.

I am happy to say this man right here....
View attachment 3808574
and this little lady..
View attachment 3808578
had a date.
Finally, finally a breeding. Now Poppet, get your fluffy butt in those nests and lay your first egg. Do NOT follow in some of your sneaky flock members footsteps and hide them.
This needs 💕💓💞💗💖 in addition to the laughter

@Ponypoor as requested, more picks of little Daisy. Breakfast this morningView attachment 3808636They've reached a size to start blending with the bigs (not ranging beyond the tree ring yet, but think Kate and/or Focus will within a week)View attachment 3808637Now for some closer shots
View attachment 3808635Along side Blurr....who is living up to her name.... and Rose
View attachment 3808634Daisy is learning from Blurr, and Rose is practicing displaying her fluff.
Awwww she is very adorable. And that BR sure is lovely! I can’t believe they have grown so much!

I guess this is the best place to post fluffy butts! These chicks don't only possess fluffy butts -- they're fluffy ALL OVER :lau

Silkies -- the original fluffy butts:

Silkie chicks -- Blue, Black, & Moorhead Partridge
View attachment 3808524
View attachment 3808526

Moorhead Partridge butt
View attachment 3808529

Blue Silkie -- body, hocks, feet, and crests are fluffy too!
View attachment 3808531
View attachment 3808532

ULTIMATE FLUFFY BUTTS!
View attachment 3808533
That is some serious fluff!
Do you ever make a mistake about which end is which?
:gig

Was it successful, I have no clue, I rounded the house and caught the end of it yesterday evening.

I am happy to say this man right here....
View attachment 3808574
and this little lady..
View attachment 3808578
had a date.
Finally, finally a breeding. Now Poppet, get your fluffy butt in those nests and lay your first egg. Do NOT follow in some of your sneaky flock members footsteps and hide them.
:pop

You mean I'm not gorgeous? :eek:
Bob, you are a gorgeous roo too! :lau IMG_3640.png

I know this will make some people sad, and so am I, but I am doing this in their best interest.

Tomorrow morning my aunt is coming to pick up the Cinnamon Queens and Leghorns. We discussed it several times when she would come visit my grandmother, she wanted them back in February. She had chickens up until about 4 years ago, way more then I have ever had at one time and then sold out. She then completely redid her coop and turned it into a sewing shack as she calls it. She wanted the girls but did not want to give up her building. Instead she and her husband built a new coop right behind it. They will have a 1/4 acre completely enclosed run. They are going to join a stray hen that showed up in the winter and has made herself at home and needs friends. I will miss the leghorns and queen girls but it really is for the best, especially the leghorns. The leghorns are adventurous and spend a good 60% of their day on the hillside out of sight. As of yesterday I am now down to 2 leghorns. I cannot protect them from predators when they range so far up the hill and venture into coyote and everything under the suns territory. I offered up the queens because in the last month they have started following the leghorns out of sight. I feel with the run size she has, which I am very jealous of by the way, the adventurous leghorns will adjust well. She also picked up some eggs from me a week before grandma passed. She gave me no warning so I was not turning the eggs on the counter but took 2 dozen home to throw in the incubator. She had 9 leghorn crosses hatch plus a owly chick. Sigh in a way I am disappointed she has gotten chicken fever again. I almost had her talked out of her cabinet incubator dang it. Mine, I can stuff 47 eggs in. Hers holds about 100 eggs.

I know this will make some people sad, and so am I, but I am doing this in their best interest.

Tomorrow morning my aunt is coming to pick up the Cinnamon Queens and Leghorns. We discussed it several times when she would come visit my grandmother, she wanted them back in February. She had chickens up until about 4 years ago, way more then I have ever had at one time and then sold out. She then completely redid her coop and turned it into a sewing shack as she calls it. She wanted the girls but did not want to give up her building. Instead she and her husband built a new coop right behind it. They will have a 1/4 acre completely enclosed run. They are going to join a stray hen that showed up in the winter and has made herself at home and needs friends. I will miss the leghorns and queen girls but it really is for the best, especially the leghorns. The leghorns are adventurous and spend a good 60% of their day on the hillside out of sight. As of yesterday I am now down to 2 leghorns. I cannot protect them from predators when they range so far up the hill and venture into coyote and everything under the suns territory. I offered up the queens because in the last month they have started following the leghorns out of sight. I feel with the run size she has, which I am very jealous of by the way, the adventurous leghorns will adjust well. She also picked up some eggs from me a week before grandma passed. She gave me no warning so I was not turning the eggs on the counter but took 2 dozen home to throw in the incubator. She had 9 leghorn crosses hatch plus a owly chick. Sigh in a way I am disappointed she has gotten chicken fever again. I almost had her talked out of her cabinet incubator dang it. Mine, I can stuff 47 eggs in. Hers holds about 100 eggs.
You are a very thoughtful and brave person! :hugs

I think the leghorns will be happy in a big run like that.
:hugs

Back
Top Bottom