Sadly, The Beautiful Hen-Rietta has passed on. Hopefully her soul will find peace and even find Sir Jaffar along her journey.
I can’t be too sad about her leaving us. She was suffering from depression and just wouldn’t snap out of it. She basically starved herself to death. Nothing I tried could help her.

I’m not sure what I’m doing. Hen-Rietta is still with us, and I’ve tried everything to get her to eat or even drink. She only tastes the food presented, and not swallow anything. Drinking is not happening for her either :( :idunno
It’s like she doesn’t want to try to survive anymore. But won’t pass away either. I have held her for almost the entire day. I think I have told her everything that I feel about the situation. :hit
I would let her be on the floor, let her see the wee ones running around. That might perk her up.

View attachment 3829662
All tacked up for the first time last fall. I haven't ridden in the saddle much yet, mostly bareback in a halter, which he's perfect for. (Except for his bumpy gaits 🤭, which he's been teased on.) Temperament wise, he's utterly perfect. I've considered renaming him Winnie the Pooh because he is just very sweet, loyal, and kind of adorably needy. He's a bit of a pushover with the other horses. Haven't ridden yet this year, but will next month when he's farrier cleared. The first time I rode in the saddle, he got a bit feisty, so we'll see how it goes this year.
Hope his feet are good, he’s the one with some founder right? Lulu is doing good, I am really keeping a hawk eye on her - the minute she looks gimpy she is getting some Bute for a week. I need her feet trimmed, and I have boots for her when we ride on the road. I used to show her - but so expensive!

I still owe the Bank of Mom a few dollars. Thanks for the reminder.

I need to figure out a way to make money around here too. Charging people at church to fix computers is one thing I'm doing, but that relies on people having messed up computers.
I would say mow grass and shovel snow….. 😳 but guess a desert is different. How about doing yard work, cleaning windows, washing vehicles?

Peekaboo!
724BFFFA-89C3-494D-9DC6-4725CF2DC5AB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom