Dad won’t let me go out there and ride because it’s sprinkling 🙄 it’s very light rain. We are going in town where the barn is anyways, but apparently telling the family no when they’ve been expecting us to come out there all day isn’t as rude as going out there when it’s sprinkling. I even checked the weather and by the time we would get there it would stop raining.
Okay. I may have over exaggerated… I did get to go out there, just not ride.
I officially own a horse!
I got to free lunge him yesterday, which was super cool. I’ve only ever lunged a horse once, but that was with the actual lunge line. I’ve never free lunged.
Auggie knows voice commands. I’m going to need to get used to telling him to stop. With my instructor, “Woah” meant to slow down. Auggie knows “woah” as stop.

I can’t go see him after school today because of something for FFA. The weather all this week and next week is supposed to be bad, but I will be able to fit in pony time. Friday I have a school dance, but maybe I can go to the barn and get pictures with him before the dance. Although my dress is black, so I’m not sure how that would go…
I’ll post tax later. I’m on my way to school. I also need to catch up on this thread later.

Okay. I may have over exaggerated… I did get to go out there, just not ride.
I officially own a horse!
I got to free lunge him yesterday, which was super cool. I’ve only ever lunged a horse once, but that was with the actual lunge line. I’ve never free lunged.
Auggie knows voice commands. I’m going to need to get used to telling him to stop. With my instructor, “Woah” meant to slow down. Auggie knows “woah” as stop.

I can’t go see him after school today because of something for FFA. The weather all this week and next week is supposed to be bad, but I will be able to fit in pony time. Friday I have a school dance, but maybe I can go to the barn and get pictures with him before the dance. Although my dress is black, so I’m not sure how that would go…
I’ll post tax later. I’m on my way to school. I also need to catch up on this thread later.
Commands generally are:
Walk on (or in my case walkies)
Trot ( said with a roll of the R)
Canter (with a ca-aa-anter)
Easy (for slowing down as eeeeaasy)
Whoa means STOP

My nags know whoa well - and stop fast!

Morning mugs on Monday
Butters and Jaffarra

569B9278-702C-4B3B-A5F2-F45246828449.jpeg

More morning mugs
3B883CCC-D01D-4BE7-BC57-D1E84B44A2BE.jpeg
6680C809-D128-40C4-922D-CE849A7C90E4.jpeg

And watching the silkies - they sure want in with them! Won’t be long befor they fly up on that wall - that’s what happened those morning I was trying to coil the camera cable and attach to the wall - they all flew up on my back then hopped up on my head and flew to the wall. Pepper then decided to go visiting and met Marty - who promptly chased her. Not to worry Pepper can move fast!
46E5EFB7-2D6E-4469-A781-0842A0072978.jpeg
6EE9D1EC-12CA-4032-85AC-F68FA663A287.jpeg
D42830E9-E270-472E-8350-81B52CE63C39.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom