Poor Sherlock....
20240515_174859.jpg
It's just for a few days and you'll be a better dog for it.

He's going bonkers trying to lick the incision site.

How many chickens can you find?
20240515_140547.jpg

You can use ivermectin (the kind you put on their skin - pour on) it’s an extremely small dose though (10mg/ml ivermectin is given at 0.01ml / kg). Just make sure if you use ivermectin to check the strength ie: 5mg/ml or 10mg/ml.

There are varying egg withdrawl periods with this, so you will need to check for your country - here in Canada it’s not approved for use in poultry but most people I talk to who have used it go with 2 weeks or 4 weeks. I think in Australia it is 10 days.

I used Revolution for puppies and kittens on my Polish Rooster when I first got him as he had lice, and needed worming. It’s put on the skin- very easy to use.

Web site with info on ivermectin

https://bitchinchickens.com/2019/04/29/ivermectin-for-parasite-control/
thank you! I will ask for that in vets I hope they have it.

thank you! I will ask for that in vets I hope they have it.
You might ask for a small amount like 5cc.

You have bantams so they will take an extremely small amount. Something like a half a drop on the skin of the bird.

I would personally start with the Panacur in water. 3cc to a gallon of water for 5 days. Repeat in two weeks time. Make sure they don’t have access to any other water than the treated stuff.

I would also do a fecal test if you have a lab or veterinarian that can do this and if it’s not too expensive.

That’s the whole problem with having poultry, many vets won’t treat them as they are classified as livestock and then there is the at times extreme expense of going to a vet.

Good luck.

I am SO bad.

I went to Peavey Mart today and they had chicks. Well I stood there and looked at them for a while, then went did my shopping and came back. I caved and bought 3 black australorps and 3 prairie bluebell eggers. I'm suffering from chicken math 😜
Pictures please!!!!

Back
Top Bottom