I went to a funeral for that guy I found deceased in our parking lot. I brought the most delicious 3 layer lemon cake, that anyone has ever tasted. My honor to the dearly departed.
You found someone dead in your parking lot!?
Tax: to all of those people in the world who think chickens can’t fly, this chook at Mom’s work has proved you wrong.
IMG_4113.jpeg

I’m going to be taking college credit classes. I took high school credit classes before I got into high school. Spanish I and Spanish II and Physical Science. And they were all honors classes. I got B’s in all of them, unfortunately. Makes me mad that I couldn’t get A’s in them.
If you’re studying what actually interests you, you can be sure that you will get A’s

Hey everyone.

Well, it is time to break out old Bessie and set her up. Bessie by the way is my incubator. Some of you already know but a secret has been kept between @Ponypoor and myself. I may have hinted a bit the last month when she talked about her plans with hatching silkie eggs by her niece and my desire for a Teddy x Marty chick.

Look what arrived this morning
View attachment 3840364
All but 2 eggs safely made it, including 2 bonus Betty eggs. They are sitting now resting for 24 hours and at Noon tomorrow I will load up the incubator. I am also tossing in at least 5 of Poppets eggs as this will be my only hatch this year.

Cross your fingers and say a prayer everyone for a good hatch. I am not even going to pray for all pullets. A Teddy x Marty son would be welcome.
I am so jealous! Fingers are already crossed for a successful hatch!

Anyone doing anything for Memorial Day weekend?
I'm asking because a friendly reminder that I'm off to Connecticut again. Reason being is private. All I can say is it's a religious event. We'll have to leave Grandma again, but I will get photos of Grandma prior to my trip. I'm not sure if I have mentioned this, but I don't really like showing photos of my family, so don't ask for any family photos. Alex, put the sword down. Old Man refuses to have chickens in his pickup truck. That goes for all animals.

If you’re studying what actually interests you, you can be sure that you will get A’s
I’m hoping to take a bunch of veterinary medicine classes. I know for sure I will ace those. It’s odd how I suck at things that I’m not interested in, but as soon as you give me something to study that I’m interested in, I will research everything there is to know.

Your girls are so stunning. I know you’ve said it before, but what breeds are all of them? You have two legbar’s, right?
Awww thank you.
Piglet and Pooh are both Legbars - Piglet is an Opal Legbar and Pooh a Crested Cream Legbar.
Bernie and Sylvie are Welbars - but Sylvie is some kind of genetic throwback as all that white she has is not usual according to the breeder.
Tassels is an Olive Egger. Marans x Ameraucana.
Calypso is Ameraucana.
And that leaves the beautiful Babs who is a cross between a Dark Cornish hen and an EE Roo, and is the nicest and prettiest of the lot in my opinion at least!

Anyone doing anything for Memorial Day weekend?
I'm asking because a friendly reminder that I'm off to Connecticut again. Reason being is private. All I can say is it's a religious event. We'll have to leave Grandma again, but I will get photos of Grandma prior to my trip. I'm not sure if I have mentioned this, but I don't really like showing photos of my family, so don't ask for any family photos. Alex, put the sword down. Old Man refuses to have chickens in his pickup truck. That goes for all animals.
Is that this weekend?! I’m going on a train for my dad’s friends’ birthday. It’s disco themed I think. I guess that’s all I’m going to do.

I’m hoping to take a bunch of veterinary medicine classes. I know for sure I will ace those. It’s odd how I suck at things that I’m not interested in, but as soon as you give me something to study that I’m interested in, I will research everything there is to know.
You do know that veterinarian medicine is more difficult than a doctorate in human medicine right?🤔

Awww thank you.
Piglet and Pooh are both Legbars - Piglet is an Opal Legbar and Pooh a Crested Cream Legbar.
Bernie and Sylvie are Welbars - but Sylvie is some kind of genetic throwback as all that white she has is not usual according to the breeder.
Tassels is an Olive Egger. Marans x Ameraucana.
Calypso is Ameraucana.
And that leaves the beautiful Babs who is a cross between a Dark Cornish hen and an EE Roo, and is the nicest and prettiest of the lot in my opinion at least!
Ooh, an Opal Legbar? On Meyer’s Hatchery, they are almost $100. I think I saw them priced at $93.
I want a Legbar. Not an Opal, because of the price, but I think their eggs are amazing.
Ah, that’s right. I remember you saying that they are Welbars.
Tassles lays dark eggs?
I love Ameraucana’s. Does she lay blue or green eggs?
Bab’s is stunning for sure. I’ve always loved her colors. Her pattern almost reminds me of Willow. Different colors though. A Dark Cornish hen would look kinda like Willow, just different body shape and combs.

Back
Top Bottom