You do know that veterinarian medicine is more difficult than a doctorate in human medicine right?🤔
Yep. I’m not a people person, so I don’t really care about helping to save people if they are sick. Of course, if I see someone hurt I would help them, or if I see a homeless person, I’d give them money.

One time in Nashville, I saw a homeless man (it was in February, and it was freezing. It was snowing, actually) and I gave him my spare hand warmers.

I don’t have a problem with helping people, I’d just prefer to help animals. Dad wants me to be a human doctor, but every time he mentions it, I just say no.

I don’t mind a little challenge, as long as it’s something I care about.

(This was way longer than I intended…)

I’m not necessarily a people person either. Nor am I racist. I hate everyone equally! IMG_4340.jpeg

Ooh, an Opal Legbar? On Meyer’s Hatchery, they are almost $100. I think I saw them priced at $93.
I want a Legbar. Not an Opal, because of the price, but I think their eggs are amazing.
Ah, that’s right. I remember you saying that they are Welbars.
Tassles lays dark eggs?
I love Ameraucana’s. Does she lay blue or green eggs?
Bab’s is stunning for sure. I’ve always loved her colors. Her pattern almost reminds me of Willow. Different colors though. A Dark Cornish hen would look kinda like Willow, just different body shape and combs.
I guess I lucked out - Piglet was the same price as everyone else - I think I paid $10 each for them except Babs who I was gifted by @bgmathteach (Thank you!!!).
Tassels and Sylvie both lay dark brown slightly speckled eggs. Not really dark like Marans, but certainly darker than store-bought brown eggs.
Calypso is a pure-bred Ameraucana and lays quite bright blue eggs.
And Tassels lays the prettiest dark green/khaki eggs but is spending a lot of her young life broody so I don't get many from her!

Yep. I’m not a people person, so I don’t really care about helping to save people if they are sick. Of course, if I see someone hurt I would help them, or if I see a homeless person, I’d give them money.

One time in Nashville, I saw a homeless man (it was in February, and it was freezing. It was snowing, actually) and I gave him my spare hand warmers.

I don’t have a problem with helping people, I’d just prefer to help animals. Dad wants me to be a human doctor, but every time he mentions it, I just say no.

Oh you and Rosie would so get along. She too is not a people person. She has friends, but people in general, nope.

Her desired career is Forensics. As of right now she is interested in either toxicology, blood splatter analysis or pathology. I informed her if she goes the pathology route she is going to medical school and will be a doctor. Why not just be a general practitioner. Oh the sarcastic look I got. "Mom, I don't like people. I do not want to work with people who can talk back to me. Dead people cannot argue".

Oh my child, whatever floats your boat I guess. I am also informed all the time it is MY fault Rosie has this interest in forensics as a career. I did not watch enough silly cartoons with her when she was little. Instead I watched Investigation Discovery and other crime shows and let her watch it with me. She really became hooked and determined when she watched Dr. G, Medical Examiner years ago.

To those people, oh well. If she makes it and has a successful career one day I will be proud of her so :tongue

Anyone doing anything for Memorial Day weekend?
I'm asking because a friendly reminder that I'm off to Connecticut again. Reason being is private. All I can say is it's a religious event. We'll have to leave Grandma again, but I will get photos of Grandma prior to my trip. I'm not sure if I have mentioned this, but I don't really like showing photos of my family, so don't ask for any family photos. Alex, put the sword down. Old Man refuses to have chickens in his pickup truck. That goes for all animals.
Oh dear, has anybody on this thread asked you for family photos? I should hope not. This is such a global forum, I believe we’re all cautious about what we post.
Tax:
C50E77DC-A77A-4D13-8DCE-BA2B7A88D4F5.jpeg

The marans pullet who got rehomed.

My experience with veterinary medicine is that you absolutely need to be a people person. Owners don’t just drop their animals off and say take my money in exchange for vet care: they expect to be involved in the care and given a say, as though you were in pediatrics taking care of their kids. But worse, because they can decide whether the cost is too high for their budget and to just skip treatment. Maybe even euthanize instead. Which means you also need to be a SALESMAN about what care their pet needs. Of course every so often you get a wealthy animal owner that allows you to treat the pet as needed… but vets get lots of “No, not that medicine, it’s too expensive. Can’t you do anything else?”. So lots more talking/selling to people than actual animal care.

Princess looks as if she still had worms
I say a similar thing but deep down you do care, you like myself have become a little more cautious. IMHO That is down the our empathy being drained by the way this world and a majority of it's people have hardened.
Now that is kind 👍 😃

Princess looks as if she still had worms

I say a similar thing but deep down you do care, you like myself have become a little more cautious. IMHO That is down the our empathy being drained by the way this world and a majority of it's people have hardened.

Now that is kind 👍 😃
I do agree. People get hardened by this permissive world. I’m so hardened now, that I can poop diamonds 💎!! :D

Back
Top Bottom