Free Egg Incubation Software, New Release.

Does this work with knoppix?
Well I didn't test it on knoppix, But if you are running it on a 64bit computer, the x86_64 AppImage should work out of the box. I still haven't seen a Linux distro that didn't run it ;)

I didn't build HatchKeeper for 32bit Linux, but it's fairly simple to build from source.

Please let me know if it does/doesn't work so I can fix/update if needed. And if you have any problems just contact me either here or using the methods found on the help page of the website.

None of my breeds are listed in the dropdown. I suppose I can use the batch name for the breed. Or is there a way for users to add to the dropdown list?
Thankfully it's very easy. Go to Settings > Breeds, full in the breed name and select a type then click Add Breed. The same principles apply to adding a Type.

This version of HatchKeeper has a basic Help Manual built-in, go to Help > Manual.

Have fun!

I didn't put in any reminders.. when a event is due(candle, lockdown etc.) a reminder pops up on my pc, which is great!! I am used to reminders that when I click on it it takes me to the event. So far that hasn't been the case, am I missing something? .. If that's how it is it's still great because I know to look for it...FYI I have several events happening on the same day

I didn't put in any reminders.. when a event is due(candle, lockdown etc.) a reminder pops up on my pc, which is great!! I am used to reminders that when I click on it it takes me to the event. So far that hasn't been the case, am I missing something? .. If that's how it is it's still great because I know to look for it...FYI I have several events happening on the same day
:) No you're not missing anything.

Unfortunately notifications are a little more difficult on a cross-platform app. So I built a very simple notifications system myself, for right now. Currently all it does is check the batches/reminders and show a pop-up when dates match up. To see what reminder triggered the pop-up, open HatchKeeper and switch to the Reminder Log.

HatchKeeper Reminders have been kind of neglected(so much other stuff to work on:)) and need a lot of improving. Its something that I'll likely be working on for the next release.

Thanks so much for the feedback.:thumbsup It makes it worth my while to continue developing this app.

:) No you're not missing anything.

Unfortunately notifications are a little more difficult on a cross-platform app. So I built a very simple notifications system myself, for right now. Currently all it does is check the batches/reminders and show a pop-up when dates match up. To see what reminder triggered the pop-up, open HatchKeeper and switch to the Reminder Log.

HatchKeeper Reminders have been kind of neglected(so much other stuff to work on:)) and need a lot of improving. Its something that I'll likely be working on for the next release.

Thanks so much for the feedback.:thumbsup It makes it worth my while to continue developing this app.
Thank You
i don't know how i missed the Reminder Log. That is a big help and all I need.. between that and the print month feature I should be set. :ya
Thank you so much for developing and share this with us. Much better than the paper calendar I used last year... too many hatches this year to fit :oops:

Back
Top Bottom