HELP! Weird growth near roosters vent I am really worried about what it is

Danish aseels

Songster
Nov 27, 2019
Pakistan
yesterday when I was not home my friend noticed drops of blood dripping from my roosters vent area. Today when I got home and inspected his vent I saw this weird growth near(right above) his vent but no wound. This my first time seeing something like this what could this be ?

Attachments

• EF95DBD4-1916-4321-B04B-5FE8AA92F477.jpeg
    EF95DBD4-1916-4321-B04B-5FE8AA92F477.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 173EF28B-CCEE-418A-968C-B1525D6CCBF3.jpeg
    173EF28B-CCEE-418A-968C-B1525D6CCBF3.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 17
I wonder if it is a prolapse? I would keep the vent clean, and a daily soak may help with that. Keep the prolapse tissue moist with honey or a paste of sugar and water which can help to shrink the tissue, or with vaseline/petrolatum to keep it from drying out. Has he been constipated or straining to poop? Prolapsed vents are more common in hens with egg problems, but in a rooster, it may be from constipation. Is he eating or drinking okay?

It would help to take a photo of it in context of his whole body so we can see exactly where it is. Is it above the tail on his back just at the base of the tail? He has a preening gland there that can get infected. Or if it's next to his vent, is it above it, beside it or below it? Or does it seem like it's coming from inside the vent? Photos aren't always worth 1000 words. Sometimes they really don't tell the entire story.

I wonder if it is a prolapse? I would keep the vent clean, and a daily soak may help with that. Keep the prolapse tissue moist with honey or a paste of sugar and water which can help to shrink the tissue, or with vaseline/petrolatum to keep it from drying out. Has he been constipated or straining to poop? Prolapsed vents are more common in hens with egg problems, but in a rooster, it may be from constipation. Is he eating or drinking okay?

I don’t think it’s a prolapsed vent. The growth is right above the vent. he is eating as usual and is not constipated.
9B604968-AE12-43DF-A3B1-10C9F5516C28.jpeg

The growth I have marked with red and the vent opening with green

It would help to take a photo of it in context of his whole body so we can see exactly where it is. Is it above the tail on his back just at the base of the tail? He has a preening gland there that can get infected. Or if it's next to his vent, is it above it, beside it or below it? Or does it seem like it's coming from inside the vent? Photos aren't always worth 1000 words. Sometimes they really don't tell the entire story.
I hope this picture helps, I have marked the growth with red and the vent opening with green. Will try to get better pictures/videos today

Back
Top Bottom