I have a pip! New Pics!

She's mixed with Rhode Island Red and Polish Bantam. I hope she is a "girl". LOL. I have 2 of my own eggs I had put in the bator. The other one I think quit at day 17. And I have 7 Black Australorps I'm waiting on. Today is my day 21. So I hope they get moving. Soon as I get a chance I'll get some fluffed up ones of her.

Now, does anyone know if I should feed tonight or tommorrow, how soon should I give her water? She's a few hours old now.

Last edited:
ca1f62e0.jpg

Would it be to early to let her drink or eat now. She's peeping like she's hungry. Also I have a black Australorp doing the wiggle. Another night of no sleep!

My little chick is doing good! I had bad luck with my Australorps though, not 1 hatched from the whole batch. I turned everyday 2 -3 times daily, never missed a beat. I am so upset that I didn't even get one of those. The egg that did hatch was from my own chickens. Hubby felt bad for me and went and bought me another baby chick and a duck so mine wasn't lonesome. This afternoon I'll post pics of my little family. I think my Australorps had been xrayed at the post office.

Yes it is, I copied your idea. I read your post about 100 times. I had excellent results with the humidity and temps. I wish my Austarlorps made it. I think I'll try to find someone local with them though. I was so sad they didnt make it. I put my bator in the garage because I can;t stand to look at it now, but it did hatch my own egg and from my little Polish Roo. I didn't think he was getting the job done.

Back
Top Bottom