i think im gonna cough up a lung lol

saline nasal spray. (or Netti pot). Sounds crazy, but if you're coughing MAY be caused by drainage, doing the saline drops UP your nose (or a nasal spray) will help dry out your mucus membranes and give you some relief from your cough.
Coughing is your body's way of getting the mucus out...so you can help by drying it up. mucinex can also help too!
(I use the similisan nasal spray...then go to bed...it definitely helps!!!!)

My aunt is a vegitarian/naturalist and she does the thing where she slices a lemon and bakes the slices on a cookie sheet (I dont know how long) till its soft and all the juices are starting to come out. Then she mixes that hot lemon into honey and made us drink it (I remember the honey didnt cover the rind taste, so gross) and it worked good. I didnt read all the posts, maybe this one is already on there?

Quote:
I do the modification of this...... 2 shots of whiskey, juice of one lemon, and a tablespoon of honey. Down it like it's a shooter. Not only will it take your breath away and allow you to relax, well, its sort of a general purpose home remedy for all that ails those of us over 21, be it hangover, flue, congestion or cough
smile.png

When using the vicks (which I love) put it on your chest and your back. Then put on a sweatshirt, and get under the covers so you do not get a chill. I do that and sleep like a baby!! Wake up feeling much better! I hope you feel better soon!! I was coughing like that and I had Broncitius(sp)!

I've also heard people swear by putting the vicks on their feet and then put thick socks on right before you go to bed. It may be worth a try since you're gonna be stinky from the vicks anyway.
idunno.gif

ill try anything at this point. the only relief is when i ride my bike to my chickens idk but my nose isnt stuffy i dont cough and now since i got back its all starting again

Back
Top Bottom