Inbar, the naked chicken-more pics, update pg 15

So who in CA has these birds???

Someone here has to have them.

I imagine if I were that roo, I'd get all red too....

I'm married, I shouldn't imagine.

The only place with them is the University of CA & good luck even getting a response from them, they didn't even bother answering my email. These birds are not available to the public at all.

Inbar is doing very well. She's staring & cooing at me for food right now-such a pig. She lays HUGE eggs though. She's gotta weigh less than a pound but her eggs are almost the size of supermarket production Leghorns! I thought that they were double yolkers at first but no, just huge eggs.

"University of CA" ? Which one? I attended the one in San Diego. The system is so big that you have to at least contact the right department and the right location in order to hope for a response.
smile.png

Last edited:
This one: University of California—Davis, Department of Avian Sciences. I contacted the right people. They chose to ignore me. Their problem, I have my special chick now.

No, it's the cold that bothers her more. I've been a bit worried about her with the cold weather we have had lately but she seems fine with her PJs on. She lives indoors so in summer, I just keep the air conditioning on for all the naked critters.

Do these naked chickens still go through a "molt?" Obviously, they don't have any feathers to replace, but do they go through the other motions (stop laying, weight loss, crabbiness, etc) of a molt?

Back
Top Bottom