Medications for Cecal Worms In Poultry

If you want to give them an excellent probiotic, much better than yogurt, get some buttermilk and mix it with plain boiled white rice. Make sure the rice has cooled. Then give it to your chickens kind of runny with the buttermilk and watch them scoff it up.
Buttermilk mixed with rice helps control diarrhea as well.

That sounds like a hearty breakfast. They have been a bit runny today so I'll see what buttermilk I can find. Thanks!

Great advice from Eggcessive as always.
I take care of poopy butt by using the spray nozzle on my garden hose. I just cradle the hen backwards in my arm and use my other free hand to spray her rear end. It's real easy to do. Of course in winter time I bring the hen inside the patio and use a container of warm water and an old rag to clean them off...wearing disposable gloves too lol.
My first thought was to use the spray nozzle on my hose. On the gentle spray position, of course. LOL Our well water is very cold, but our garden hose is black, so the water heats up in it quickly from the sun. Plenty of warm water to spray a hen off. Thanks for the great tip. Makes it much easier to do. So glad that I joined this forum. :)

My first thought was to use the spray nozzle on my hose. On the gentle spray position, of course. LOL Our well water is very cold, but our garden hose is black, so the water heats up in it quickly from the sun. Plenty of warm water to spray a hen off. Thanks for the great tip. Makes it much easier to do. So glad that I joined this forum. :)
My garden hose is in the sun too. I have to let the water run abit so it cools some before I spray my hens.

Back
Top Bottom