My Polish Journey

Hello! Next month I will be getting some White Crested Black Polish chicks. I figured that I will take you all on my journey of raising them. I will be building a coop (well, cleaning it out.) I look forward to taking you all on my Polish journey.
I can't wait to see your adventures with your Polish! :thumbsup

I will be here for the Polish journey! I have four Buff-Laced Polish, and let me put in my experience: they are the craziest breed I have ever seen. They are unique and hilarious, but unfortunately they do have their faults like any other breed, as I have found they are extremely vulnerable to predators and do the most stupid things when they are panicked. When mine hear a hawk warning or when they hear any kind of bird fly by, they will run into a fence or any other kind of corner/wall and just lay there, or they will freeze in place like they are paralyzed out in the open. Anyways, on the brighter side of things, they have made me laugh more than any other breed. Polish seem to be the masters of chasing anything off—this includes you, cats, dogs and anything else. When I come into the yard and start walking to anywhere, I will be greeted by a stampede of Polish that are charging like a bull towards me, and some even flog me in the process, but I know they mean nothing by it.

To put it down to one word, they are unique. I hope you have a great Polish journey.

I will be here for the Polish journey! I have four Buff-Laced Polish, and let me put in my experience: they are the craziest breed I have ever seen. They are unique and hilarious, but unfortunately they do have their faults like any other breed, as I have found they are extremely vulnerable to predators and do the most stupid things when they are panicked. When mine hear a hawk warning or when they hear any kind of bird fly by, they will run into a fence or any other kind of corner/wall and just lay there, or they will freeze in place like they are paralyzed out in the open. Anyways, on the brighter side of things, they have made me laugh more than any other breed. Polish seem to be the masters of chasing anything off—this includes you, cats, dogs and anything else. When I come into the yard and start walking to anywhere, I will be greeted by a stampede of Polish that are charging like a bull towards me, and some even flog me in the process, but I know they mean nothing by it.

To put it down to one word, they are unique. I hope you have a great Polish journey.
Thank you! I wanted to get buff and blue ones, but I wasn’t sure where to get them, as I said before. Mine won’t be free ranging, so I’m not super worried about it.
I’m super egg-cited to laugh about them. My Guinea fowl make my laugh every day.

Thank you! I wanted to get buff and blue ones, but I wasn’t sure where to get them, as I said before. Mine won’t be free ranging, so I’m not super worried about it.
I’m super egg-cited to laugh about them. My Guinea fowl make my laugh every day.
I got mine from the unsexed Polish bin at Tractor Supply, and they turned out to have a surprisingly great appearance. I wanted all females, but instead I received three pullets and one cockerel. The cockerel will unfortunately be rehomed because he is a very aggressive breeder to the point that he even made one of my Polish pullets faint by trying to breed her for a few minutes straight. That's when he got put in his own pen, never to be able to get to another female again. I hope someone will have a nice home awaiting for him.

20231006_180045.jpg

Make sure to trim back those adorable crests every week! Polish are so cute.

View attachment 3739949
Make sure to trim back those adorable crests every week! Polish are so cute.
You trim weekly? I have a 12 week old golden laced polish and haven't trimmed her yet. I can still clearly see her eyes. Now im wondering if I should be trimming. Im just so nervous to do it. I don't want to hurt her! She's already endured some rough initiation from my hens.

You trim weekly? I have a 12 week old golden laced polish and haven't trimmed her yet. I can still clearly see her eyes. Now im wondering if I should be trimming. Im just so nervous to do it. I don't want to hurt her! She's already endured some rough initiation from my hens.
I try to trim weekly, but I don't if their feathers aren't over their eyes yet. I understand if you're nervous to trim their feathers, it takes two people for me!

Back
Top Bottom