mshep02

In the Brooder
Dec 10, 2016
Oklahoma
I have two boys that need a new home quick. First, the Cochin boy just started crowing. He needs a home soonish, but he's still pretty quiet and docile, so I'm not in a rush with him.

Cochin.jpg

The big boy, Howl, takes after his Ameraucana mom as far as size goes. The only Silkie thing about him are his feet (he has five toes on each foot and no spurs). He recently dominated my main rooster and has started crowing - he also keeps trying to pick a fight with my main roo, so time to go. If I can't find a home for him by Jan 1, he's going in the pot. Please help me re-home him.

Howl_3.jpg

Both are free to a good home. I'm willing to drive around Oklahoma or northern Texas to drop him off. Thanks.

Attachments

• Howl_2.jpg
    Howl_2.jpg
    672.6 KB · Views: 6
If you have too many roosters, you might want to check this out: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/rooster-flocks.72998/

Thanks for the link and quick response! Howl didn't start fighting my main roo (his dad, the Silkie) until recently and he almost killed him. Howl is twice his size. They used to sleep in the same pen together just fine, but I've started putting Daddy in with the other Silkies in the smaller pen since they started fighting. I alternate which one gets to free range with the hens day to day, but they can't be out at the same time anymore. Howl goes straight for Daddy for some reason. If they were the same size, I wouldn't be worried about it. Aside from the different pen, I've got nowhere else to separate them. I'm also not supposed to have roosters in the city limits anyway, so there's that.

Back
Top Bottom