vogel_0173-gif.1558058

They are adults, I think about a year old. (Actually I was so excited to get them, I forgot how old the man said! Lol) He said they had raised 2 sets of squabs though. I’m hoping they will raise a set for me.

Lol I too forgot everything the seller told me about mine in the excitement.

Thanks. I agree. Their little beaks look like lips!
They are still quite skittish with me, but calming down when I feed them now. And their little cooo’s are adorable.

I never thought of that but yes, lips! :lol:

Ok, I'm going to have to squeal and steal them from you @WVduckchick

They are gorgeous, and I'll be so jealous when they come to you and don't attempt to take the skin of your hands. Chad hasn't figured out that he isn't accomplishing anything doing that, as it doesn't hurt. It's more comical than anything else, though he doesn't try to get away as much, and will actually come to the part of the cage I'm closest to, even if I'm doing something loud. Here also complains to me if I'm taking too long to get his food dish back in the cage for him. Eventually he'll stop attacking the hand that feeds him, and once I get him out, he doesn't fuss. He does like getting his nose, beak and legs massaged with Vaseline.

My hand raised baby turned into quite a bully and a biter too. I have to get a video of him latched onto my pant cuff, shaking his head and pulling like baaad little dog. The only difference is he can't growl while doing so.:rolleyes:
Hahaha, they do look like lips!

OMG, they are SO CUTE!!! Those little faces, I can't stand it!! :love:love

I thought they were babies. THey look so small and young.

What made you decide to get pigeons? How do you house them, do you keep them with your chickens?

I sense another potential recruit.:celebrate

pigeons-gif.1558093

Thanks to @FlappyFeathers and @Chickencountryuk for the emojis.:)

Good morning "sorta" lol! Mine started off wet and extremely hot! Opened the coop and Ethel thought flying directly at my face while I had a full cup of coffee was the thing to do. I ended up wearing half since I was mid sip. Didn't stop her, she got her normal shoulder spot while I finshed filling bowls. She gives new meaning to painfully freindly chicken.:caf

vogel_0173-gif.1558058

Lol I too forgot everything the seller told me about mine in the excitement.

I never thought of that but yes, lips! :lol:

My hand raised baby turned into quite a bully and a biter too. I have to get a video of him latched onto my pant cuff, shaking his head and pulling like baaad little dog. The only difference is he can't growl while doing so.:rolleyes:

I sense another potential recruit.:celebrate

pigeons-gif.1558093

Thanks to @FlappyFeathers and @Chickencountryuk for the emojis.:)

BTW Bio, I'm so glad to see you on the Squatch!! :wee

Back
Top Bottom