Thanks for the updates everyone. I really appreciate it. I know I've been gone long enough for someone to get knocked up AND about to deliver! Mazel!!!

So, here's where I am at. I basically kidnapped my mother from Florida last year and she's been living here in KY since. She is in the beginning stages of dementia. I found her 6 new doctors here, and we've been going to them regularly. The PCP doctor here CORRECTLY diagnosed her with a thyroid issue, took her off a HUGE amount of meds she was on, and put her on something to correct her thyroid imbalance. Now she doesn't have upwards of 3 doctor appointments every week.

It's been hard, but she's learning what it's like to NOT be sick.

DH retired from the Army. He put in 22 years, 2 months and 12 days. With all of his medical issues, he is considered 290% disabled. This basically means he is considered *COMPLETELY AND PERMANENTLY* disabled, so he gets 100% disability pay.... and it will never be challenged. If something DID correct itself, there's enough still wrong with him that he would still be at 100%.

We are in the process of buying a new home. With my mom living with us, there's just not even enough room in this house. We had made plans to buy some property and then have a manufactured home built on site. Last month I was skimming through Zillow and found this house: PM ME FOR THE ADDRESS!!!!

Take a look. It's seriously AWESOME! I couldn't be more thrilled with it. Sits on over 8 acres. The basement is finished like a 2 bedroom apartment, which is where my mom will live. (Y'all can start sending housewarming gifts on the 17th of May!!!! :D )

Still homeschooling the boi. However, I also started doing more work from home jobs, and was hired by Amazon. We'll be carrying 2 mortgages for a while, until we sell our current house, plus I will absolutely want some housekeeping help once we move, since the new house it literally DOUBLE the size of this house.

Our beautiful free range roo, Fat B@st@rd, finally got got about a week or so ago. We've also had a few deaths along the way, but nothing lost to winter.

SKIP THIS NEXT PART IF YOU CHOOSE

Now, the reason I quit posting here is because I just felt like I couldn't any longer. I can't say depression hit me, but a huge amount of -I don't care- did. Being my moms caretaker, with her dementia onset plus her being blind AND basically being kicked out of her retirement community, I was bearing the brunt of a lot of feelings and I shut down. Days and weeks passed in a blur and I didn't know how to come back from it all.

I am still not doing well HOWEVER, I love you guys and I want to be a part of y'all, so I am here. If I ever stop posting again, feel free to bug the bejeezus outta me (AHEMCINDIAHEM). I am southern girl and it would be bad manners if I didn't reply.... and LAWD KNOWS I ain't got no bad manners!!!! :)

With all the love I can muster and a pickle!
~Deila
I don't know you. I'm a recent import to this thread and am still learning. I can attest to the last part of your post. I too have become overwhelmed by life at times having multiple health problems throughout my life as well as not being able to have a few kids. I totally understand just going numb, and life whizzing by. I wanted to give you a big :hugs from a stranger. What doesn't kill you will make you stronger. Another big :hugs For taking on the care of your mother. What a wonderful thing to do. :) Good luck on your new house and adventure.

I don't know you. I'm a recent import to this thread and am still learning. I can attest to the last part of your post. I too have become overwhelmed by life at times having multiple health problems throughout my life as well as not being able to have a few kids. I totally understand just going numb, and life whizzing by. I wanted to give you a big :hugs from a stranger. What doesn't kill you will make you stronger. Another big :hugs For taking on the care of your mother. What a wonderful thing to do. :) Good luck on your new house and adventure.

From one stranger to another, I thank you very much. It is good to know someone out there knows what I am going through and feeling. I'm glad you're a Squatcher!!!

From one stranger to another, I thank you very much. It is good to know someone out there knows what I am going through and feeling. I'm glad you're a Squatcher!!!
I'm currently a secret squatcher. I don't say much but occasionally someone gets a glimpse of me.

Hey wait, that makes me the squatch. :p

Your house is gorgeous. The land looks good too. We visited Kentucky once. It was beautiful country.

:yesss:
New ones are even better.
Hurry up and sell the old house.

Trust me we are working on that. Got my FIL and MIL coming down on the 16th. We sign the papers for the house on the 17th and having SATELLITE INTERNET installed (since we are REALLY moving to BFE), and I hired some 19 year old kid named Tyler to help us move the big schtuff on the 20th, since my FIL is like 77 years old! He's going to be cutting a hole in the man cave door to put a cat entry there so the cat litter box can go in the man cave.

I'm currently a secret squatcher. I don't say much but occasionally someone gets a glimpse of me.

Hey wait, that makes me the squatch. :p

Your house is gorgeous. The land looks good too. We visited Kentucky once. It was beautiful country.

Neither of us are from KY originally, but KY is definitely home. Love it here.

And yes, that does make you the Squatch!!!

Back
Top Bottom