Any luck? I will be offline most of the day and have never used an incubator but ..... I read....a lot.
Can you very carefully put a safety hole through the shell in case it is internally pipped and needs more air?
:frow Good morning Henny, have a great day
Thanks, I got a double dose of chicken fix!
:frow Good morning Cappy, have a great day

I had a hen with 4 eggs due today. Yesterday I seen some smashed eggs in front of her. She was in the back of a short pen, so I had to crawl in. 1dead beat up wet chick with bloody shell... and 1 beat up cracked egg with a live chick :barnie which I put in the incubator. It was still alive this morning and I helped it out. Seems ok, time will tell.
first killer Mama, I am aware of.... but I think she's the same one last year had a similar mess and I thought she accidentally smashed eggs..at least she is the color, white CX mix, in same pen... she will get a bunch of leg bands. Another egg was a broken clear and 1 more still under her, but it was oily so I think it's a dud.
Well this morning I seen a piece of egg shell infront of psycho hen. I already had given all chicks to other hens. I crawled in to her to put a band on.... well I heard a chick under her...so I guess she finally switched from sitting to mama mode... I don't like one chick alone so grabbed the chick that she almost killed and she is good with it.
So out of 29 incubator eggs and over a DZ under hens... I have 10 chicks so far... one hen hadn't come off the nest so could be more.

Back
Top Bottom