Oh so embarrassing those chickens made it look like I never feed them in front of the neighbors ya'll.
He handed the melon over the fence and as soon as it hit my hands derps started popping up like dogs.
I realise this may have been kind of my fault because I make them hop for stuff but they trailed me to the backdoor in a freakin pack hopping the whole way.
Slightly embarrassing :caf .

That is HILARIOUS!!! Just like the little lizards in Jurassic park.

:oops:

View attachment 2240367
Testing my adjustable window concept!
I couldn't find a hook long enough. I knew I wanted about 12". And as the length of the hook gets longer the thickness goes up. The hook I wouldn't care but I was worried the eye would be such a heavy gauge it would split the window wood. So I made my own hook. Out of a bar b q skewer! 🤣 If this window holds up I'll probably do the rest next weekend.

View attachment 2240368
This is Whoopsie Daisy. Not sure what to try. I've syringe fed her a few times. Always with nutri-drench. But you can see she is curled to the one side. Even her neck leans that way. Eats good. She did poop. I've been massaging her belly trying to get a good poop out of her so her belly goes down. I can't imagine its good for her to always be on her back. But I feed her and flip her over and she scoots around on her belly then flips herself over. I'm going to try some cup time but she's out of alignment somehow.

View attachment 2240373View attachment 2240382View attachment 2240370
Ok plant aficionados what is this!?!

The stem is thin and tough. The flower has that weird almost fake feeling to it. Has a bit of an onion or garlic smell to it. But doesn't look like any onion or garlic plant I have ever seen. The little seeds in my hand are like tiny bulbs.
That is what we call onion grass here. Grows wild everywhere. If you pull it up it'll have a small onion like bulb and a very strong onion taste. You can take the grass part and use it like chives and those little seed set tops are good on a salad.

Last edited:
@FlyingNunFarm I figured out the pic thing....sort of.
7893264-aebb6e114d0ef086c20c68972b11cd71.jpg

7893243-c951ad64caf9a3d543b1206247b156ea.jpg

Poor Crookie. I think she was wadded up in the egg.

He toes of the crooked side are curled in. She can move them so I'm not sure if it's more of a comfort to hold them closed or she "has" to hold them that way.
She looks like someone wound her too tight from one side. That's actually the position she was in in the egg. Curled to that side. So at first I thought maybe she was a little stiff. She's a pretty hefty chick to have come out of an egg.
I actually thought of Crookie. And I looked at her beak to see if it was slightly off. Thats usually the most noticeable thing out of whack. But her beak looks fine. Its just everthing else goes sideways.
Did you try shoes on her feet?

Oh so embarrassing those chickens made it look like I never feed them in front of the neighbors ya'll.
He handed the melon over the fence and as soon as it hit my hands derps started popping up like dogs.
I realise this may have been kind of my fault because I make them hop for stuff but they trailed me to the backdoor in a freakin pack hopping the whole way.
Slightly embarrassing :caf .
I am every day more awed by your ability to wrangle derps. I can’t even handle my two brainless brahmas 😅

My first ever bird, Brown Leghorn I raised from day one, has been a part of my family for 3.5 years. Best. And smartest animal I ever knew. Well, she has lost her tail feathers, and her beautiful wing feathers too. Her comb is pale and droopy. She's not laying anymore. She eats and drinks just fine, but she has already molted 4 months ago! And I can tell by spending time with her, that something is wrong. Her name is Beetov-Hen, (she used to play a toy piano I bought for her) I would really hate to lose her, SHE'S MY BEST HEN

My first ever bird, Brown Leghorn I raised from day one, has been a part of my family for 3.5 years. Best. And smartest animal I ever knew. Well, she has lost her tail feathers, and her beautiful wing feathers too. Her comb is pale and droopy. She's not laying anymore. She eats and drinks just fine, but she has already molted 4 months ago! And I can tell by spending time with her, that something is wrong. Her name is Beetov-Hen, (she used to play a toy piano I bought for her) I would really hate to lose her, SHE'S MY BEST HEN

I am very sorry to hear she is not doing well. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom