We retired in 2004, but some extra $ is good. It took us about a year to renovate it, but now it is a small side job. We might not rent it when the weather is bad, our renter last weekend was going from the bedroom to the living room wrapped in a blanket. :hmm We are getting some bathrobes.
I don’t want to know how you know that. Lol! Someone called a coworker while in their hot tub yesterday. We work for the school, and he was calling about his daughter. We both decided we did not want to know whether or not he was dressed!

Iv'e just heard too many horror stories of them blowing up.
I already have just awful luck with stuff that should never blow up.
Hubs says the newer ones are much safer than the old tickers but im still not sold.
Now it’ll be even more tasty :D

I’m with you on that one! I won’t get an instant pot either.

I don’t want to know how you know that. Lol! Someone called a coworker while in their hot tub yesterday. We work for the school, and he was calling about his daughter. We both decided we did not want to know whether or not he was dressed!
You have to go outside from the bedroom, walk about 10 feet through the yard, and go in another door to get to the living room & kitchen in the bunkhouse. All the doors open out to the yard, it used to be 3 separate rooms for sawmill workers. Here it is on airbnb: https://airbnb.com/h/aspen-creek-bunkhouse
If we are outside, you can't help but notice that a person wrapped in a blanket is walking from the bedroom to the living room! I really tried not to look!:oops:

Attachments

• IMG_4799.JPG
    IMG_4799.JPG
    854.9 KB · Views: 1
Iv'e just heard too many horror stories of them blowing up.
I already have just awful luck with stuff that should never blow up.
Hubs says the newer ones are much safer than the old tickers but im still not sold.
I have never blown anything up yet in ~40 years or more, LOL. But the new ones have nice timers you set and they turn themselves off. But, they are electric, so you have to remember to turn them on. I never forgot to turn on my gas stove pressure cooker :p (Yet)! It makes enough noise that I can't forget to turn it off. Mostly I like how fast they cook. Very good here @ 5500'.

You have to go outside from the bedroom, walk about 10 feet through the yard, and go in another door to get to the living room & kitchen in the bunkhouse. All the doors open out to the yard, it used to be 3 separate rooms for sawmill workers. Here it is on airbnb: https://airbnb.com/h/aspen-creek-bunkhouse
If we are outside, you can't help but notice that a person wrapped in a blanket is walking from the bedroom to the living room! I really tried not to look!:oops:
Lol! I did wonder about those “extra” doors. I’m not familiar with bunkhouses. I’ve actually never even heard the term until I joined this thread.

Good evening everyone, I just got home from work and was checking on the chicks. I moved the two that hatch this morning out of the incubator and into the brooder. I have a few more eggs that have yet to hatch but I did hear a little bit of cheeping from them so they might hatch tonight.

So two things. First I've got to work on the water in the morning. I had a block of wood I was supporting it with before but it had got nasty and I threw it away before I set up the bruder for this bunch. looks like I'm going to have to cut another because I cannot keep it from leaking out into the shavings.

Now the more exciting news. As I mentioned before I had one more of the MFDs hatch and the mystery egg that I was sent. But right now I'm actually confused as to which is which. Lol

The mystery egg was slightly larger than the rest of the eggs so I am assuming that it would have been the bigger of the two chicks. The said both of the chicks that hatched look completely different than the other four that hatched out of the last set. Ore is much lighter and the other has some slight chipmunking. (Is that a word?)
Anyway because the mystery egg was larger I am assuming that the smaller lighter-colored one is the MFD.
I'll post more and better pictures tomorrow (hopefully I don't have another water loss tonight as last time I promise that it happened lol)
But maybe you all can help me speculate on what it might be. Right now it appears to be a feather footed variety and the beacon comb is a little bit lighter than the other chicks as well as the light chipmunk striping. It's a bantam of some kind I know and feather footed. Other than that I don't have a clue.
You can see the two new additions here standing together.
20200813_234720.jpg

Back
Top Bottom