Fishychix

Songster
May 20, 2020
NE Ohio
Our out of state visitors have departed for the very very long drive home. While we knew they couldn't stay forever the leaving is rather sad.

At 11 last night hubs boss called. His wife had slid out of the (padded) kitchen chair and was unable to get up. The boss is in a wheelchair due to having broken his ankle etc. I went with to help her. Things are not good. Not good at all. She is a tiny woman but is struggling badly. She has extreme swelling in both legs and looks like she is in a lot of pain.....pain from more than just the Edema. She broke down when I gave her a hug and urged her to call the doctor. I got the distinct reading that she has no emotional or physical support. She said through tears that everyone is always angry at her and she can't do anything right and that there is to much fighting.
I don't know how to help her. I know her husband and one of her sons are constantly fighting. I know they get loud every time too. She has no break from it with being stuck at home these days.
I think they need a home health aid. I am worried about her.
Not that you should take on this large responsibility, but maybe you could take her to see your animals and garden? Even a little break means a lot.

Chickassan

Wattle Fondler
May 23, 2017
Greenville S.C, formerly Noneya U.S.A
Just do what you can Henny, im sure just having someone actually ask how she is doing and listen to her is a huge deal.
Those men getting angry at her is insufferable.
I have seen guys express worry through anger especially if they feel like their hands are tied and they are powerless.
It isn't productive for anyone, anger rarely is.

She is definitely in a mess. I will talk to her about getting a home health aid asap. They are trained to watch for abuse too so that would be a bonus.
I will do what I can but I also have to tend to my own.

Chickassan

Wattle Fondler
May 23, 2017
Greenville S.C, formerly Noneya U.S.A
I bought myself a bag of individually wrapped HiChew candy at the store since that my aunt sent was good and it has at least a few drops of fruit juice in it.
Well come to find out there are two versions of HiChew, Japanese and U.S.A and let me tell you right now ours is freakin awful.
I haven't found one flavor that is passable, the worst is grape and pineapple.
Pineapple smells like cat pee and grape like armpits!
How do you mess up grape?

DanielE1990

Songster
6 Years
Jun 8, 2014
East TN
Ugh, 🤧

I think I’m allergic to guineas. I just rotated a bunch of keets and chicks through my brooders and now I’m snoting and sneezing up a storm. I never got like this when it was just chicks and just the occasional keet. But this batch was mostly keets.
I did not know there was an allergy like that but I guess it makes sense. Are you allergic to any other kinds of birds?
I bought myself a bag of individually wrapped HiChew candy at the store since that my aunt sent was good and it has at least a few drops of fruit juice in it.
Well come to find out there are two versions of HiChew, Japanese and U.S.A and let me tell you right now ours is freakin awful.
I haven't found one flavor that is passable, the worst is grape and pineapple.
Pineapple smells like cat pee and grape like armpits!
How do you mess up grape?
I've never had HiChew but that does not sound good.

21hens-incharge

Slightly nuts
6 Years
Mar 9, 2014
Northern Colorado
Just do what you can Henny, im sure just having someone actually ask how she is doing and listen to her is a huge deal.
Those men getting angry at her is insufferable.
I have seen guys express worry through anger especially if they feel like their hands are tied and they are powerless.
It isn't productive for anyone, anger rarely is.
I think you are mostly right there.
Those men are big boorish, bossy, mean jerks.....and that is on a good day. That son went camping while his mom was in ICU. :hmm

I think me talking to her quietly and listening to her answers to my questions is what tipped the waterworks. I don't think any of them speak softly and listen openly to her or ever have.

I am reading up about patient advocates.....no I don't want that job but someone needs to do it.

Top Bottom