Just do what you can Henny, im sure just having someone actually ask how she is doing and listen to her is a huge deal.
Those men getting angry at her is insufferable.
I have seen guys express worry through anger especially if they feel like their hands are tied and they are powerless.
It isn't productive for anyone, anger rarely is.

She is definitely in a mess. I will talk to her about getting a home health aid asap. They are trained to watch for abuse too so that would be a bonus.
I will do what I can but I also have to tend to my own.

I bought myself a bag of individually wrapped HiChew candy at the store since that my aunt sent was good and it has at least a few drops of fruit juice in it.
Well come to find out there are two versions of HiChew, Japanese and U.S.A and let me tell you right now ours is freakin awful.
I haven't found one flavor that is passable, the worst is grape and pineapple.
Pineapple smells like cat pee and grape like armpits!
How do you mess up grape?

Ugh, 🤧

I think I’m allergic to guineas. I just rotated a bunch of keets and chicks through my brooders and now I’m snoting and sneezing up a storm. I never got like this when it was just chicks and just the occasional keet. But this batch was mostly keets.
I did not know there was an allergy like that but I guess it makes sense. Are you allergic to any other kinds of birds?
I bought myself a bag of individually wrapped HiChew candy at the store since that my aunt sent was good and it has at least a few drops of fruit juice in it.
Well come to find out there are two versions of HiChew, Japanese and U.S.A and let me tell you right now ours is freakin awful.
I haven't found one flavor that is passable, the worst is grape and pineapple.
Pineapple smells like cat pee and grape like armpits!
How do you mess up grape?
I've never had HiChew but that does not sound good.

Just do what you can Henny, im sure just having someone actually ask how she is doing and listen to her is a huge deal.
Those men getting angry at her is insufferable.
I have seen guys express worry through anger especially if they feel like their hands are tied and they are powerless.
It isn't productive for anyone, anger rarely is.

I think you are mostly right there.
Those men are big boorish, bossy, mean jerks.....and that is on a good day. That son went camping while his mom was in ICU. :hmm

I think me talking to her quietly and listening to her answers to my questions is what tipped the waterworks. I don't think any of them speak softly and listen openly to her or ever have.

I am reading up about patient advocates.....no I don't want that job but someone needs to do it.

I did not know there was an allergy like that but I guess it makes sense. Are you allergic to any other kinds of birds?
Not sure about other birds. I have issues with mold, some seasonal pollen, cats, and some dogs as well. When I had indoor cats, I had to get Bengals the protein in their saliva that most people are allergic to is different because of their Asian Leopard Cat ancestry.

Back
Top Bottom