Not sure about other birds. I have issues with mold, some seasonal pollen, cats, and some dogs as well. When I had indoor cats, I had to get Bengals the protein in their saliva that most people are allergic to is different because of their Asian Leopard Cat ancestry.
That's interesting. I am severely allergic to cats but loved having been when I was little. I wonder if I could have a Bengal cat? I wonder how I can find out, do you know?

It is pretty much a soft taffy/ fruit chew type of deal Japan's version is really good it tastes dead on like what it is supposed to.
U.S version= peenapple
Texture is different even, it is harder even if was good it wouldn't be fun to eat.:(

I did not know there was an allergy like that but I guess it makes sense. Are you allergic to any other kinds of birds?

I've never had HiChew but that does not sound good.

Henny, a huge part of me is floored nobody in the family has called an ambulance for her or at the very least lovingly bum rushed her to a doctor in some form or another.
Worries me she's got to that point in her own home with two other adults watching.

I think you are mostly right there.
Those men are big boorish, bossy, mean jerks.....and that is on a good day. That son went camping while his mom was in ICU. :hmm

I think me talking to her quietly and listening to her answers to my questions is what tipped the waterworks. I don't think any of them speak softly and listen openly to her or ever have.

I am reading up about patient advocates.....no I don't want that job but someone needs to do it.

It is pretty much a soft taffy/ fruit chew type of deal Japan's version is really good it tastes dead on like what it is supposed to.
U.S version= peenapple
Texture is different even, it is harder even if was good it wouldn't be fun to eat.:(

Henny, a huge part of me is floored nobody in the family has called an ambulance for her or at the very least lovingly bum rushed her to a doctor in some form or another.
Worries me she's got to that point in her own home with two other adults watching.

It gets better. :hmm
The son is a "grown" man with teenage kids although by behavior one would never know he is grown. He lives 20 minutes away by car.
There is a second grown son who did force a hospital visit. That is how she landed in ICU. It is her husband that floors me. HE should be her voice/advocate and if need be.....dial 911. There is just way to much wrong with that whole mess to list it.
My hubs gets the calls for help because we are just a half mile away.

Oh and word is she is a difficult patient. I think she just wanted to go home because then those men would at least shut up for a bit. :(

Finally! Woo:celebrate:thumbsup:ya:woot
:frow Good afternoon Fishy, have a great day

Henny, we just got back from the cardiologist. As he's looking through her charts he points out that she had a full cardio work up two months ago at Vanderbilt. Why are we here? I basically told him that three RNs, her primary and I thought it was a good idea. We need to understand why she's got leg swelling and confirm there are no clots. He understood and ordered the ultrasound. I know that all three of her meds cause water retention and we just increased the dosage on one of them. But I want to be certain we know its that and that we're treating it correctly and rule out blood clots.

I will say that Docs and nurses can be overwhelming. They throw a ton of information at you and are gone before you can process it all. I so frequently paged her docs at Vanderbilt, 15 or so minutes after they left that they just started stopping back by about 20 minutes later. Way too many people are embarrassed to admit they don't understand something. Their solution is often to not ask, not question and not do anything. Just stand there in paralysis. Alternatively, some with thunder about.

:frow Good afternoon Fishy, have a great day

Henny, we just got back from the cardiologist. As he's looking through her charts he points out that she had a full cardio work up two months ago at Vanderbilt. Why are we here? I basically told him that three RNs, her primary and I thought it was a good idea. We need to understand why she's got leg swelling and confirm there are no clots. He understood and ordered the ultrasound. I know that all three of her meds cause water retention and we just increased the dosage on one of them. But I want to be certain we know its that and that we're treating it correctly and rule out blood clots.

I will say that Docs and nurses can be overwhelming. They throw a ton of information at you and are gone before you can process it all. I so frequently paged her docs at Vanderbilt, 15 or so minutes after they left that they just started stopping back by about 20 minutes later. Way too many people are embarrassed to admit they don't understand something. Their solution is often to not ask, not question and not do anything. Just stand there in paralysis. Alternatively, some with thunder about.
Good for you speaking up and asking questions until you understand. Pretty often the one who is sick is really not able to ask those questions, or understand the answers. I have had a social worker come and follow up when an older relative was checked out of the hospital and came to stay with me. He was not able to care for himself at his house, and the hospital knew that, but sent him "home" regardless. Then a visit days later, questioning about his "care plan" which was nonexistent. They did not know, or care, where he was going when they checked him out, just that his insurance was run out.:he It can be extremely stressful being sick, and some families do not react well in the least.

I hope you are all ready for pictures.
A lot of them look really similar, hope I got them all. Lol
Batch one. (dark chicks)
Screenshot_20200814-150238_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200814-150235_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200814-150251_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200814-150120_Gallery.jpg

Batch two. (light chicks)
Screenshot_20200814-150146_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200814-150151_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200814-150255_Gallery.jpg

Are these really the same? Lol
Screenshot_20200814-150134_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200814-150140_Gallery.jpg

The mystery one.
Any ideas?
Screenshot_20200814-150209_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200814-150226_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200814-150217_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200814-150206_Gallery.jpg

Last I dropped my phone and went to pic it up and it snapped a pic. This is what my chicks see when I reach in for them lol. No wonder they get scared lol.
Screenshot_20200814-150059_Gallery.jpg

Back
Top Bottom