@Fishychix

I hope these make sense....

IMG_20201223_125725.jpg
The board going across the ends of the rafters is called a fascia board. On a human house it holds the gutters. On my coop (no gutters) it acts as part of my baffle to slow wind and keep rain out..
IMG_20201223_125735.jpg
Same coop. See how it is open underneath? That's for airflow.
IMG_20201223_125835.jpg
Inside that exact same corner. This pic has a LOT of data...
Darker board going upward is a wall stud. Rafter sits directly above wall stud to transfer load. In a human house 16" on center is pretty standard. In a shed or coop wider spacing is ok. Mine are 2' on center. You can also see the no no critter hardware cloth and another part of my baffle attempt. I have short 2x4's in between the rafters to hold the wire and spaced back from the wall to let air move.

IMG_20201223_130955.jpg
You would need to build something like this to extend your wall. Your studs would be 21" with a 2x4 above and below them to equal 24".

I would DEFINITELY draw your plan on graph paper so if you need to change an angle to make the most of each board you can just by erasing.

Oh and both the high side of my roof and the low side have open soffits.

@Fishychix

I hope these make sense....

View attachment 2461058
The board going across the ends of the rafters is called a fascia board. On a human house it holds the gutters. On my coop (no gutters) it acts as part of my baffle to slow wind and keep rain out..
View attachment 2461060
Same coop. See how it is open underneath? That's for airflow.
View attachment 2461062
Inside that exact same corner. This pic has a LOT of data...
Darker board going upward is a wall stud. Rafter sits directly above wall stud to transfer load. In a human house 16" on center is pretty standard. In a shed or coop wider spacing is ok. Mine are 2' on center. You can also see the no no critter hardware cloth and another part of my baffle attempt. I have short 2x4's in between the rafters to hold the wire and spaced back from the wall to let air move.

View attachment 2461088
You would need to build something like this to extend your wall. Your studs would be 21" with a 2x4 above and below them to equal 24".

I would DEFINITELY draw your plan on graph paper so if you need to change an angle to make the most of each board you can just by erasing.

Oh and both the high side of my roof and the low side have open soffits.
I really wish you lived closer! 🤣🤣
Thank you 😻

It certainly would be handy wouldn't it.

How tall are your current walls? What is the current run height?

I can sketch a few things up if I have measurements.
Four feet tall. Pallets are my base. I did take more pix that really dont show the ventilation except for the two large vents. We were going to the vet and just got back a bit ago. Just a checkup and grooming :fl He’s still there so they can work on him as they have the time (my avatar).

Attachments

• B99B331D-D320-4248-9ADA-A204D1CDCD4B.jpeg
    B99B331D-D320-4248-9ADA-A204D1CDCD4B.jpeg
    445.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 6FD65621-04F0-47C4-83BA-2A878D58FC66.jpeg
    6FD65621-04F0-47C4-83BA-2A878D58FC66.jpeg
    918.9 KB · Views: 3
Four feet tall. Pallets are my base. I did take more pix that really dont show the ventilation except for the two large vents. We were going to the vet and just got back a bit ago. Just a checkup and grooming :fl He’s still there so they can work on him as they have the time (my avatar).

I will draw up a few ideas for you. It may take me a day or so to get a chance.

I lol a bit. Big fuzzy cat needing a grooming would be a challenge! I had one named Jasper. He was a turd. If you tried brushing him there WOULD be blood.

I will draw up a few ideas for you. It may take me a day or so to get a chance.

I lol a bit. Big fuzzy cat needing a grooming would be a challenge! I had one named Jasper. He was a turd. If you tried brushing him there WOULD be blood.
Ouch! He’s a good boy, thankfully! He’s 14 and has lost some weight. Brushing him is okay until you hit a mat and then he runs and hides. After a while, this time just a year, they get so bad he needs them shaved off. I keep him fairly well groomed but I swear he hides his brushes. Actually I know he does as Ive seen him knock them on the floor and, whether or not on purpose, scootches them under the couch :lau :lau Little stinker

Good evening everybody, im tired iv'e been de-mucking the run.
Took me all day im so slow and due to all my under foots was twice the hassle it had to be.
Love them but when they swarm you're not doing anything that requires more than a foot of space.
Nancy the escape artist kept getting on my head, wondered how she got out that day now I know chubbet can fly pretty good.
Notice anything on fancy Nancy?
Look close, she's extra fancy.:)
20201223_181303.jpg

Took me all day im so slow and due to all my under foots was twice the hassle it had to be.
Love them but when they swarm you're not doing anything that requires more than a foot of space.
Nancy the escape artist kept getting on my head, wondered how she got out that day now I know chubbet can fly pretty good.
View attachment 2461431
Hmm 🤔, her comb? 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

We’re back from the vet and he is SO much happier 🥰🥰. Only thing is, I drop him off looking like the avatar and get this back. Happens every time 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ (🤣)

Attachments

• 1566D749-5985-4C6C-B2B3-220A7AA77335.jpeg
    1566D749-5985-4C6C-B2B3-220A7AA77335.jpeg
    393.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 0706942E-49F8-432B-B279-154A87B4F42F.jpeg
    0706942E-49F8-432B-B279-154A87B4F42F.jpeg
    562.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 82893FEA-56B1-4828-99FD-E9600F6F1562.jpeg
    82893FEA-56B1-4828-99FD-E9600F6F1562.jpeg
    509.7 KB · Views: 1
View attachment 2461431

I also guess her comb. It looks pretty fancy to me.

I am seeking volunteers to close the coops, count birds, dump water dishes, swish the duck water dish heater and put the pool heater in.
It is 24 with a feels like of 9.

Back
Top Bottom