Good morning everyone.

Dh saw a cockroach in the house last night. He was a bit perturbed at my casual attitude about it. I reminded him that I've got bait stations, and it won't survive very long. I also reminded him that usually it's the cat's fault when one is inside, although once in a while one will fly in the door at night. He looked at the cat, and chilled out.

My ever vigilant cat, goes out on the patio searching high, and low for a bug, frog, or lizard. It's screened in, so it's not too often that she finds anything. If she manages to find something, she plays with it. When she gets tired, she puts it in her mouth, and scratches on the slider for someone to let her in. Sometimes, I can tell she's got something, and won't let her in until she drops it outside, but I'm not the only one that lives here, and not always the one letting her back inside.

If she manages to get her prize inside, she runs for the bathroom. She takes her claws, and folds back a corner of the rug, then drops the prize. She then uses her paw to put the corner of the rug, back on top of the prize. Now that her prize is secured for later, she lays down on the rug for a nap. Usually the prize escapes, before she wakes from her nap.

We're talking maybe 6 prizes a year, not an infestation. If I see a frog, or lizard she's brought in, I toss it outside (not on the patio). Because at least once a year, she will get a cockroach, and because this is Florida, so once in awhile one will fly inside when the door is opened, I keep roach bait stations throughout the house. The longest that one has ever survived in the house, is 2 days.

This is nothing new, and has been going on for years.

School will soon be out. YAY!

Good morning all
66 and drizzling
Good morning Mo :frow

Good morning everyone. :frow

Sunny and 48 now but warming to low 70's here.

After the doctor visit today I plan to play in the mud more.
Good morning Henny :frow

Good morning everyone.

Dh saw a cockroach in the house last night. He was a bit perturbed at my casual attitude about it. I reminded him that I've got bait stations, and it won't survive very long. I also reminded him that usually it's the cat's fault when one is inside, although once in a while one will fly in the door at night. He looked at the cat, and chilled out.

My ever vigilant cat, goes out on the patio searching high, and low for a bug, frog, or lizard. It's screened in, so it's not too often that she finds anything. If she manages to find something, she plays with it. When she gets tired, she puts it in her mouth, and scratches on the slider for someone to let her in. Sometimes, I can tell she's got something, and won't let her in until she drops it outside, but I'm not the only one that lives here, and not always the one letting her back inside.

If she manages to get her prize inside, she runs for the bathroom. She takes her claws, and folds back a corner of the rug, then drops the prize. She then uses her paw to put the corner of the rug, back on top of the prize. Now that her prize is secured for later, she lays down on the rug for a nap. Usually the prize escapes, before she wakes from her nap.

We're talking maybe 6 prizes a year, not an infestation. If I see a frog, or lizard she's brought in, I toss it outside (not on the patio). Because at least once a year, she will get a cockroach, and because this is Florida, so once in awhile one will fly inside when the door is opened, I keep roach bait stations throughout the house. The longest that one has ever survived in the house, is 2 days.

This is nothing new, and has been going on for years.

School will soon be out. YAY!
Good morning Clue :frow roaches are the worst for me, I lived with an aunt that had them everywhere. And of course, on our honeymoon I went into the bathroom and a palmetto bug was sitting there and I think I jumped onto the toilet 😂

Good morning everyone. :frow

Hopefully you can get a nap here and there Rae. It sounds like your blood sugar dropped from doing all that moving.

Thanks Bob. It took much longer than I would have liked for sure. The birds are enjoying the larger space which made me happy.

We are forecast for rain every afternoon. I will go ahead with trying to get the garden planted mud or not. My plants are WAY to big to stay in those solo cups.

I am wishing everyone a good day.

Good morning everyone.

Rae, for awhile you need to keep a pack of cheese, or peanut butter crackers with you, and a piece of candy. I had to do that too. Exerting extra energy causes the blood sugar to drop. When it drops, it's not slowly, but hits all of a sudden. The candy will get the sugar levels back up rapidly, and eating the crackers work slower, and the benefits last longer.
Very true, it probably was low blood sugar. I eat a truly ridiculous amount of food. I need to in order to feed two milk monsters. When I’m home, I’m usually eating some sort of of snack every two hours, even if I’m not doing much of anything besides nursing kids. That day, I had lunch at 1ish and when we left SILs house it was 5:30 and I had done a LOT of work. So, besides the work, I was well behind on my normal food consumption.

Very true, it probably was low blood sugar. I eat a truly ridiculous amount of food. I need to in order to feed two milk monsters. When I’m home, I’m usually eating some sort of of snack every two hours, even if I’m not doing much of anything besides nursing kids. That day, I had lunch at 1ish and when we left SILs house it was 5:30 and I had done a LOT of work. So, besides the work, I was well behind on my normal food consumption.

That'll definitely do it.

Having a granola bar or other portable food item with at least 30 grams of carbs with you on days like that isn't a bad idea. Remember juice hits the blood sugars fast....really fast so if you are in dire straights juice is a huge thing.

Hi everybody :frow

Forgot about drainage in my kiddie pool planters. Good thing I haven't filled them in yet 🤣
Yay! Ie get to play with my new toy! I killed my drill and had to get a new one. I hate shopping, especially for stuff like this that you buy only once every several (🤞) years.

Back
Top Bottom