Mo, not exactly. They're still popular for homeschooling, etc. The newer type chalkboards are ceramic coated, so the liquid chalk can be used. You see them in restaurants, and nightclubs, and the writing looks like it's dayglow. Some of them are backlit. White boards (dry erase) are popular with the business crowd.

I already got my 5 prong line maker, so I can make the lines to teach them to print, my chalk, and my eraser. What breaks my heart is that I had 2 very large, real slate chalkboards, in perfect condition, that I kept from when I was very young. When we moved into the apartment, I kept them in a large, climate controlled storage unit for years. Finally, I figured I'd never live in a house again, and it was a waste of money to keep all my things in storage, so I gave them away. There are a LOT of things I got rid of in that storage unit, that I wish I had now.
Glad you can get it .. I didn't know about liquid chalk.
Yes Everytime I get rid of stuff I need it again.... and new stuff is usually not as good.

Hi everybody :frow

The carpet is still going. Slow, but at least its going. I think I like the cooler days, but my hand is trying to convince me otherwise. The cold just seeps in ☹️

On a cute note, I let the girls out today and they behaved wonderfully. They even listened when I called them. Monkey actually came running towards me 😂 too cute. I had no idea what buckwheat looked when sprouting. I thought it looked like grass. It doesnt. I hope I didnt do a bad thing planting it in my yard. I guess I’ll find out 🤷🏻‍♀️🤣. Im just glad it sprouted this time at least.

Hi everybody :frow

The carpet is still going. Slow, but at least its going. I think I like the cooler days, but my hand is trying to convince me otherwise. The cold just seeps in ☹️

On a cute note, I let the girls out today and they behaved wonderfully. They even listened when I called them. Monkey actually came running towards me 😂 too cute. I had no idea what buckwheat looked when sprouting. I thought it looked like grass. It doesnt. I hope I didnt do a bad thing planting it in my yard. I guess I’ll find out 🤷🏻‍♀️🤣. Im just glad it sprouted this time at least.

Buckwheat is a plant I keep meaning to put in in the spring as a cover crop in the garden. From what I understand it needs cut before blooming unless you want it to self seed.

Pulling carpet is never a fun task especially those mean tack strips.

We pulled out the rest of the garden this evening. It meant I could finally turn my girls loose. They had a good time too.

It's done!
20210928_104324.jpg

I don't know why it looks like the stone part of my house is leaning. 😂

Here is a side by side of old and new...
20210925_082416.jpg

Chimney is also fixed. The flu pipes were killed. They were able to pull the old ones out and only had to replace 7 bricks. All on the back. I need a cap for it but the two pipes are close together and it's a big rectangle. So I think I'm going to have to order it.
20210928_105220.jpg

Found this in a tire. I think it's a screw driver bit. I haven't even wiggled it and I marked my tire so I don't park on it. I have to get an appointment to get it looked at and probably patched. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Can't blame the roofers for that one. They aren't using screw drivers. 🤣
20210927_171013.jpg

Wouldn't surprise me if I lost it in my own driveway. How on earth I managed to jam it in my tire I'll never know.

It's done!View attachment 2850018

View attachment 2850016

Chimney is also fixed. The flu pipes were killed. They were able to pull the old ones out and only had to replace 7 bricks. All on the back. I need a cap for it but the two pipes are close together and it's a big rectangle. So I think I'm going to have to order it.
View attachment 2850019

Found this in a tire. I think it's a screw driver bit. I haven't even wiggled it and I marked my tire so I don't park on it. I have to get an appointment to get it looked at and probably patched. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Can't blame the roofers for that one. They aren't using screw drivers. 🤣
View attachment 2850017
Wouldn't surprise me if I lost it in my own driveway. How on earth I managed to jam it in my tire I'll never know.

That looks wonderful Nunny!!!

I have picked up weird things in tires too. It could have been from anywhere really. I think for it to stick like that it had to be on the road with more speed than a driveway allows. :hugs

It's done!View attachment 2850018

View attachment 2850016

View attachment 2850019

View attachment 2850017
The roof looks great....tire not so much.

Good morning folks :frow

That looks wonderful Nunny!!!

I have picked up weird things in tires too. It could have been from anywhere really. I think for it to stick like that it had to be on the road with more speed than a driveway allows. :hugs
:frow Good morning Henny, have a great day
The roof looks great....tire not so much.
:frow Good morning Mo, have a great day

Nunny, the roof looks great!

Back
Top Bottom