So sorry to hear that :hugs

I had one totally infested, bought the stuff to treat and then checked close to 50 birds with no creepy crawly's. Really confused...:confused:

That happens! Some seem to be more susceptible to bugs
I have heard and believe the saying - 10% of the flock carries 90% of the parasite load. :old

Good post Kiki!

Mites can be quite persistent too. Often the three week thing has to be repeated in a month

Ok....definitely need some help. Brought my OE in this morning cuz she just didn't seem right. She has eaten some scrambled egg and has been drinking water. Went out and checked her poop under where she roosts and this is what I saw. She is also holding her mouth open slightly, almost like she is too warm. Crop feels a little poofyView attachment 1654072
Looks like she might have overindulged

No one would fall off....... :cool:

I have been green lighted to get a few birds that will actually lay instead of brood all summer and take winter off.
DD12F560-E8AB-4095-8ECB-1D2107A64BB6.gif

That means I will be selling several birds to make room.

Now ....To Derp or not to Derp? That is the question!
Just get some leghorns I like the brown and red ones or some EE

I put 1 lb of sulfur per 10lbs of dust... or sprinkle a bunch where they dust bath
works for mites and lice

https://entomologytoday.org/2016/07/18/battling-chicken-mites-with-bags-of-brimstone/
Sulfur dust has been used for decades to control mites on chickens. The sulfur is usually provided to chickens in a “dust bath,” essentially a box of dust, which may contain fine dirt, sand, diatomaceous earth, insecticides and other powdery substances.
Someone once told me that sulfur helps with pecking does anyone know if that is true

Back
Top Bottom