@Sassysouth I recommend force feeding nightly as close to bed time as you can. Let her eat on her own during the day and check her crop before force feeding. Once you get back from your trip, then you can do the feeding every 36 hrs as long as she's eating somewhat decently on her own. Were you able to get some Meloxicam?

You know if I were closer I'd nurse her back to health for you, and if you were closer, I'd have a chicken vet for you, plus nurse her back to health.

Last edited:
@Sassysouth I recommend force feeding nightly as close to bed time as you can. Let her eat on her own during the day and check her crop before force feeding. Once you get back from your trip, then you can do the feeding every 36 hrs as long as she's eating somewhat decently on her own. Were you able to get some Meloxicam?

You know if I were closer I'd nurse her back to health for you, and if you were closer, I'd have a chicken vet for you, plus nurse her back to health.
She is only eating a 1-2 tbsp max per day. It is not much. When she is finished eating, her crop still feels empty. No Meloxicam.
Looks like she will be making a trip to Chattanooga, if she makes it all week.

Good morning squatchers.

@Sassysouth I’m sorry she’s not turning around like you’d hoped.

@Anansi your words made me clutch my heart.

@FlyingNunFarm your mama looks so content.

@Chickassan Henry needs his own bumper stickers. He’s THAT cute.

@rjohns39 (and everyone)
Do you have any idea what this insect is?
Is it a flying ant of some kind or something in the wasp family? They keep showing up in my daughter’s apartment in TN.

54387C95-2266-45C0-9713-4899F7ACA28D.png

Good morning squatchers.

@Sassysouth I’m sorry she’s not turning around like you’d hoped.

@Anansi your words made me clutch my heart.

@FlyingNunFarm your mama looks so content.

@Chickassan Henry needs his own bumper stickers. He’s THAT cute.

@rjohns39 (and everyone)
Do you have any idea what this insect is?
Is it a flying ant of some kind or something in the wasp family? They keep showing up in my daughter’s apartment in TN.

View attachment 1747692
That's a wasp. Thread waist.... I'll look more. BRB

Back
Top Bottom