Ok Squatchers looking for recommendations.
I'll start by saying I was told by the septic guy not to use my current shampoo. Also no pods of any sort, fabric softener or smelly beads that go in the wash.

I'm looking for a new shampoo. I swear I smelled at least half the bottles on the shelves today and didn't buy anything. Gave myself a headache doing it too.

I was using Suave. Apparently the oils they use for moisturizing are not good for my type of septic system. Its an aeration system that has little filter feet in. I saw the filters when he came to change them. They looked like I had tried to pour grease through them.

My question is what does anyone use that doesn't smell awful and not cost a fortune. I saw a bottle of shampoo for $14, in Walmart. I can't stand super smelly over the top scents. I use unscented everything! I even looked at a shampoo/body wash for hunters. You know, remove your smell so the animals can't smell you. But I have no idea what it would do to my hair. It has a tendency to be oily but with my well water gets very dry at the ends.

Can't I just get normal non stanky shampoo!?!
I use Dove. The kind I just bought and used today for the very first time is Dove coconut & hydration. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dove-Shampoo-Coconut-Hydration-20-4-oz/49840576
I expected it to smell strongly of coconut, but it just has a light 'clean' smell. I get the combo pack w/ shampoo & conditioner. Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but it's worth the sniff. Other than that we use head & shoulders (usually generic). We did use Jason shampoo that's ridiculously expensive b/c my daughter has allergies, but it's hard to find & she's ok w/ the dove stuff now. Personally I don't mind the fruity smell stuff, but it interferes w/ my daughter's perfumes and we can't have that.

I use Dove. The kind I just bought and used today for the very first time is Dove coconut & hydration. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dove-Shampoo-Coconut-Hydration-20-4-oz/49840576
I expected it to smell strongly of coconut, but it just has a light 'clean' smell. I get the combo pack w/ shampoo & conditioner. Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but it's worth the sniff. Other than that we use head & shoulders (usually generic). We did use Jason shampoo that's ridiculously expensive b/c my daughter has allergies, but it's hard to find & she's ok w/ the dove stuff now. Personally I don't mind the fruity smell stuff, but it interferes w/ my daughter's perfumes and we can't have that.
Flora and fruit scents attract buggs for me. :confused:

Well iv'e had my say about it all, we had a decent chat a few weeks back.
I am very literally a one trick pony, if he listened or he didn't im totally off his almonds & cashews about it.
If he gets a spanking so be it , he knew that possibility was there.
He's killing my schedule though and I hold that sucker near and dear and i'd love, love, loooove for that to cease.😌
It's like when a guy retires & their wife wants to beat him to death w/ a shovel b/c the husband is bored & won't leave the wife alone, keeps finding stuff for her to do. Good luck. You could pretend he's not there and every time he says something directly to you say "Oh, I thought you went to work" until he leaves.

I hate when it freezes, since I have to go around to each cage and fill water dishes. Luckily some of the chicken pens have heated waterers.
This is why I'm grateful for my heated waterer. I don't live w/ my chickens so it'd make it so much harder to make sure they have liquid water.

We must be the oddballs. We have 6 people living in a 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath on a septic tank. It took nearly 20 years before we had to have it pumped. It's the older system, but the only thing we were told was that grease and fat were not good. We use ridx on a fairly regular basis, but other than that we don't do anything special. The drain field is really good, and the grass grows best there. We've lived here for 25 yrs.
I remember the same thing about my parent's house. I never heard of certain products I couldn't use b/c of the septic at either house. We WERE told not to use too much toilet paper, but not that we couldn't use a certain shampoo. Don't most products say "Septic Safe" on them?
@FlyingNunFarm Did you look in the section for rv's? I know they have to use special toilet paper. I'd assume the same for shampoo & soap too.

Flora and fruit scents attract buggs for me. :confused:
Same. I never use the fruity stuff when I know I"m going to be out in the coop. I get buzzed by yellow jackets. It's worse in the fall.

Hi guys!

Just finished lunch and I’m taking a break before jumping into putting stuff away.

Today is day #2 of clean out the old house. We threw away a bunch of stuff brought some more home and my MIL used Clorox wipes to clean a bunch of bin lids. I think we managed to throw away more than we brought home. :woot

I was able to help more today because I dropped the Milk Drinker off with my parents. It’s amazing how much more I can do when I don’t have 27+ lb sleeping baby weighing me down, even if he is in a carrier.

We spent maybe an hour or slightly more working but stopped because we got a good amount done and we were all coughing and sneezing because of the dust/mold/mouse droppings.

Can I just reiterate how relieved I am to be living in a new house!!!

My goal is to get these boxes sorted and put away before we go back to the farmhouse tomorrow. Two and a half of the boxes are from yesterday, but I went to Walmart and the liquor store instead of emptying everything we brought home yesterday.
B520C3D1-E048-459B-ADFD-C86E24ECDD69.jpeg

Hi guys!

Just finished lunch and I’m taking a break before jumping into putting stuff away.

Today is day #2 of clean out the old house. We threw away a bunch of stuff brought some more home and my MIL used Clorox wipes to clean a bunch of bin lids. I think we managed to throw away more than we brought home. :woot

I was able to help more today because I dropped the Milk Drinker off with my parents. It’s amazing how much more I can do when I don’t have 27+ lb sleeping baby weighing me down, even if he is in a carrier.

We spent maybe an hour or slightly more working but stopped because we got a good amount done and we were all coughing and sneezing because of the dust/mold/mouse droppings.

Can I just reiterate how relieved I am to be living in a new house!!!

My goal is to get these boxes sorted and put away before we go back to the farmhouse tomorrow. Two and a half of the boxes are from yesterday, but I went to Walmart and the liquor store instead of emptying everything we brought home yesterday. View attachment 2009090
Glad you had a baby sitter and help to keep moving forward. Should be able to get it done before you go back to work. If not...
Little every day gets it done.

Back
Top Bottom