Thanks yall for the input!! ❤❤I have seen them on just a few and lost one bird recently to them.. not all of them have them.. just a small few of the ones I have.
I do have pet cats, inside and out so anything all natural is more my side. We found some stuff online and I am gonna try it first and make a dust bath of Ash & DE and see what happend... If they dont work I will probably have to take it a step up. I plan on cleaning the entire coop and work on the run🤞
Thank yall so much for the help!

Oh and I found a chickadee nest in my coop! I was randomly finding a full grown chickadee in the coop in the morning. Poor thing was super confused and banging into the windows trying to get out. My roof is vented but has foam inserts to keep stuff from going under the ridge cap.
VideoCapture_20200406-175100.jpg

Yeah...that's on the center beam of the roof and about 6"-8" long. Of course I hear peeping coming from it too. So I think I'm going to try and see in there, that cap is maybe 2", check the age of the peepers and treat them for bugs. Then when they fly away remove the damn nest!

Hey guys!

We put our 4 week ish old CX out on grass today. They didn’t know what to do with themselves. They figured it out though. We still have 23 of the 27 we originally got. Judging by their combs, every single one is male. Good thing I’m not looking for anything other than freezer camp fodder.
03D7ED7D-1A1F-477E-A99D-EBE2F9EED48C.jpeg

Attachments

• BFE5C913-949F-4DBF-9C1A-F6B8D989C0B9.jpeg
    BFE5C913-949F-4DBF-9C1A-F6B8D989C0B9.jpeg
    909.2 KB · Views: 0
:frow Good morning Henny, have a great day

You too Bob. :D

I am going to freak the birds out.....cleaning the coop then getting the tiller into the run to turn that and make sure things will drain well.

If we get warm enough I may put the quacklings into the small pen I have for a bit. I can put a piece of lattice on top to keep chickens AND hawks out.

Back
Top Bottom