I hope to get her back out here soon, but the screen causes headaches. The doc said today based on her stellar progress, he expects a full recovery, but it will be months of rehab to get there.

Better months and full recovery than only 50% recovery ever.

She is a strong lady Bob!

:jumpy
How about some celebratory chick pics? IMG_4749.JPG IMG_4750.JPG IMG_4751.JPG
@ 2 weeks old brooder upgrade day! Husband asked, "Aren't these chicks flying and running more than the others?" The others were sexed female at the hatchery, these have a higher activity level that someone who never had chicks before could notice. One jumped up on my hand while I was changing the feeder the other day, brave boy for sure! You can see the ones that did not want to leave the brooder/kennel. They finally did, took a couple of hours to leave safety for food and water! Great chicks, I think a fellow BYCer near me who can keep roosters is taking some of them next week. 2 more flocks thanks to you @rjohns39 !

Well guys iv'e got my incubator set up and getting up to speed and so far everything is working right.
I didn't know if it would crank back up, iv'e got one of those fancy smancy Styrofoam jobs that I think turns 3 this year so it was a tad bit iffy.
I about hit the floor, the egg turner still grinds it out too lol!
Not bragging but it has lasted waaay longer than I thought it would.:fl
So if things continue to go well i'll set them tonight, im thinking 6 eggs 2 of each.
Hubs said I should just set 2 but ya'll know that is malarkey!
I crazily did it that one time and even though both hatched I ended up with two boys and im running out of people to bless with roosters.
I mean iv'e already done it once this year and didn't even hatch him he just appeared like some kind of terrible magic trick.:th

Well guys iv'e got my incubator set up and getting up to speed and so far everything is working right.
I didn't know if it would crank back up, iv'e got one of those fancy smancy Styrofoam jobs that I think turns 3 this year so it was a tad bit iffy.
So if things continue to go well i'll set them tonight, im thinking 6 eggs 2 of each.
I crazily did it that one time and even though both hatched I ended up with two boys and im running out of people to bless with roosters.
I mean iv'e already done it once this year and didn't even hatch him he just appeared like some kind of terrible magic trick.:th
You never want to hatch a lone chick!

Here is how I do the math lol. I want 4-6 more hens. Well 50% will be roosters so that's 12. But then some will not make it. Hope for 50-60% that means I need 24 eggs. But then what if I mess up? Better as a few more in case a do something wrong. So.... 30-36 should get me there....... Yeah I may have more then I know what to do with now lol. But I'll have 6 hens! Lol

Back
Top Bottom