Oh I know,absolutely no lone chicks if I can help it.
A handful is bad enough! :)
You never want to hatch a lone chick!
Sounds about right! I figure this year if by some miracle I end up with too many finding a new home wont be terribly hard.
Knowing me though id just suck it up and keep them.;)
Here is how I do the math lol. I want 4-6 more hens. Well 50% will be roosters so that's 12. But then some will not make it. Hope for 50-60% that means I need 24 eggs. But then what if I mess up? Better as a few more in case a do something wrong. So.... 30-36 should get me there....... Yeah I may have more then I know what to do with now lol. But I'll have 6 hens! Lol

Good morning! Great morning to Bob and Mrs.Bob.:)
I know ya'll are eating this first one back home together up lol!
:frow Good morning Chicky, have a great day.
Morning everyone. :frow

Bob I hope Sue feels a bit more relaxed now that she is home. :hugs
:frow Good morning Henny, have a great day. What I think she's enjoyed most is getting dressed without someone watching her.

Well guys iv'e got my incubator set up and getting up to speed and so far everything is working right.
I didn't know if it would crank back up, iv'e got one of those fancy smancy Styrofoam jobs that I think turns 3 this year so it was a tad bit iffy.
I about hit the floor, the egg turner still grinds it out too lol!
Not bragging but it has lasted waaay longer than I thought it would.:fl
So if things continue to go well i'll set them tonight, im thinking 6 eggs 2 of each.
Hubs said I should just set 2 but ya'll know that is malarkey!
I crazily did it that one time and even though both hatched I ended up with two boys and im running out of people to bless with roosters.
I mean iv'e already done it once this year and didn't even hatch him he just appeared like some kind of terrible magic trick.:th
I read somewhere to set 4 eggs for every pullet you want, seems about par for the course to me! I am already thinking of ways I can hatch eggs from these cute chicks I have next year. I blame all the 'Watchers for that . . .;)

Here is how I do the math lol. I want 4-6 more hens. Well 50% will be roosters so that's 12. But then some will not make it. Hope for 50-60% that means I need 24 eggs. But then what if I mess up? Better as a few more in case a do something wrong. So.... 30-36 should get me there....... Yeah I may have more then I know what to do with now lol. But I'll have 6 hens! Lol
So you really do understand chicken math! I talk to people that want 6 hens, so they buy 6 eggs, Lol!

Back
Top Bottom